Thirteen

"Oh come on Flash. You really think that she deserves to be under your commend. I think we have done her a favour by letting her relieve her three years again. Maybe it is better for her to not remember you and the pain that has come working with you," smiled Amanda.

Barry stopped and thought about it. He hated the fact that she was right. He had been thinking the same thing. He had put her through a lot in the past and this was a chance for her to change that. The old Caitlin wouldn't change her mind as she was deep in this whole Team Flash but if this Caitlin was given the chance to make a different decision than it was for the best. She could live a normal life not scared of Killer Frost.

"What's wrong Flash. Did I hurt your feelings about your girlfriend?"

"Either way, I'm going to stop you. You still have committed crimes and I'm not letting innocent men go to prison for what you have done," yelled Barry.

He ran forward and zoomed to Amanda's side. Before she could even do anything, he had gotten a piece of wire and tired her hands. He saw that she was holding a device similar to the one that he had earlier gotten. It didn't look like it was activated so he pulled it out of her hands. He ran out with her and handed her off to the police. While this was all happening, Barry had lost track of the other members of Amanda's team. There were definitely others out there and this wasn't over.

                                        //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Good job out there Flash... or Barry. What m I suppose to call you?" asked Caitlin as Barry entered the Cotex.

Barry saw that she had a huge smile on her face and that she was excited about the arrest. She had the same kind of excitement and joy in her eyes as the first time they had worked as a team to stop their first metahuman.

"I mean I know that what you can do is impossible but the fact is that you can do all that. This is so amazing how throughout the whole running your vitals were normal. You're like a Superman," said Caitlin.

"What, is your memory coming back? How do you remember Kal El?" asked as a ray of hope rose inside him.

"Wh..who is this Kal El?"

"Well people on his earth call him Superman. He is this powerful saviour," explained Barry.

"Oh... no I don't know him I just thought you weren't like a normal man but a super... man," said Caitlin. She could see the disappointment in his eyes.

"So I have spoken to Joe and he said that he will be talking to Amanda. He wants me to be there to see what I can get out of her in regards to the device," said Cisco.

Barry nodded and was about to leave with him when he felt a hand on his shoulders. He turned around to see Caitlin's hand.

"I'll go, you can come back later."

Caitlin waited for Cisco to leave. "I'm so sorry that I don't remember any of this. I know that it isn't easy on you and right now I may not even be any help. I do wish that even a small piece of memory could come back. I hate seeing in your eyes and seeing the disappointment."

"Caitlin, its ok. I know you are trying. It is my fault though."

"Why do I get the feeling that you like to blame yourself for anything that goes wrong?" asked Caitlin.

Barry looked at her and couldn't help but smile. Even with no memory of him, she still was able to get him.

"Barry, I know that you can do the impossible but I also know that you can't do something this impossible. How can you have wiped my memory. You know why are hero's so full of themselves. Why do they think that everything that goes wrong is there fault. Yeah maybe sometimes it is but why don't they see all the good that they do. Why focus on the negative when there is so much positive that they have done.'

Barry smiled and for a second she was that same Caitlin that had been by his side. Even in this situation, she knew him better than anyone. What happened next surprised Barry. Caitlin moved close to him and gave him a hug. For a second he was frozen then slowly he put his hands around her and gave her a hug. He held her tight and they were there like that a while. It felt great.

"Ok this is going to sound weird and awkward and I'm already embarrassed to ask this,' started Caitlin. Barry could see that she was blushing. Taking in a deep breath she continued, "We have known each other for so long and everyone keeps telling me that I have helped you and have been part of this 'Team Flash' since the start... But what... what was our relationship? Were we... you know?" she asked.

Barry was taken aback by this but also the question amazed him. To be honest he didn't know how to answer this question and also the look on her face made him smile. 

                          //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Joe, you really think that she will be willing to help us. She doesn't look like the type of person that wants to be helping us since she is now going to go to prison. She is going to prison right?" asked Julian.

"Calm down man, yeah. We haven't found any reason to believe that she is Metahuman so for once or in a while we have gotten a normal criminal," answered Joe.

"So why m I here again?"

"I want you to stay here and observe with Cisco. We still need to determine if she isn't a threat... Metahuman way."

Julian looked at Joe confused. This case was getting more confusing rather than getting solved. "Do you have the device that you found on her? Maybe we can open it up and reprogram it to reverse the effect on Caitlin."

"Cisco has it at the lab. He will work on it. I really hope that it works and we get our Caitlin back."