Thirty Nine

"What are we going to do now? Savitar was already someone who was unbeatable and now Cailtin has joined forces with him. Did we push her to that point that she would rather trust him over us?" Asked Iris as she paced around the Cotex. 

"Julian has gone with Joe, let's hope that at least we can get one issue sorted. We need to figure out a way to get her memeory back. I don't know how much that would help but at least we will have a short at getting her back," said Cisco. 

They all stopped when they saw Barry enter. He didn't say anything  but by the looks of it, he looked tired. Iris slowly walked to Barry and pulled him to the side. 

"You didn't come home last night? I know we are broken but that is still you home. I don't want anything to come between us being at least friends," whispered Iris to Barry.

"This all has been hard already. I have lost you and now Caitlin. I didn't realise that it would be so painful. I was then reminded by her that i can't throw in the towel. No matter what happenes, I can't let everyone remember her as Killer Frost, but as Dr Caitlin Snow. To do that, we have to find her and bring her back and defeat Savitar." 

                              //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Come one Amanda, it's over, you gave no way out of this. We have your friends and now that we know that you are our metahuman, we know how to stop you," said Joe. 

"You got nothing from me before and you are getting nothing from me now," said Amanda. 

"You are just making this all worse for you. Do you really think that John and Jules will sit quietly. The first chance they get they will sell you out if that means that they get a deal. You are the one that will be spending the rest your life hoping that there was something you could have done." 

Amanda sat there quitely. By the looks of it, she wanted to say something  but she was biting her tongue down. She looked around and letting go of the breath she was holding back nodded.

"What do you want me to say? Yes I was working using  my abilities to rob banks and was getting away with it all. Jules and John joined. Then  we came across the Flash. He started to interfer with our robberies just when that guy was shot. He wasn't meant to be there and things started to go south." 

"So you decided to attack Flash just so you could go on with your robberies. And what were you planning on doing with all the equipments you had set up at the lab?" 

"That was what we were told to do. We were going to leave this city after the first time Flash stopped us. But the he came in and told us that we had a bigger task to do," said Amanda. 

"Wait, who came?" 

"That guy in the silver suit. That monster of a thing. He said that he was the future and that he knew how this all was going to end. He was God among humans and when if I sided with him, I would be powerful like him." 

"Did he tell you to attack Barry and make him forget everything?" 

"What no, Barry was never the target. From the beginning, I was told to attack Cailtin. The first time was a trail so it didn't work. She only forgot somethings. I never made people forget so much. That's why we set the trap and then all happened," explained Amanda. 

Joe looked confused. Had they been wrong all along? Caitlin was the target all along and Savitar was behind this all from the start. What was Savitars plans and why was he so hell bend on getting Caitlin? 

                             //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Everyone in the Cotex listened in silence as Joe explained everything to the others. They didn't know what to make out of this all. Why was Savitar after Cailtin?  But it had worked. She has lost everything she knew about herself and trusted him.

The silence in the room was interrupted by alarms going off. Cisco turend to Barry with surprises expression on his face. 

"There has been a report from Central City University about someone being attacked. The caller said that she didn't get a good look at her attacker but she said that when she touched her,mthey were cold and the room even went cold before she arrived," said Cisco. 

"Sounds familiar?" Said HR. "What's the students name?" 

"Tracy Brand. She is a physics and is currently there in the theoretical physics program, researching .... Extra-dimensional energy..." Said Cisco but then stopped. 

"If that is Caitlin and but the sounds of it, it is, then why is she attacking her. What are they after?" Asked Iris. 

"Non of this is making any sense from the beginning. We have always been a step behind Savitar. He knows everything before we do and he seems to have everything  sorted before us," said Barry. "If she was attacked then she must be to some importance to him. I have to save her and keep her safe." 

"I'll meet you there Barry," jumped in Cisco. 

Without wasting any more time, Barry zoomed out of there leaving only the flying of papers. 

                         //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

He came to a stopped in the labs of Central City University. That was from where Cisco had managed to locate Tracy. He looked around to see it quite. Either she has left or Caitlin had gotten to her first. Either way, he wasn't going to let anyone get hurt because of Savitar. 

He stopped cold when he heard rattling in the corner. Making his way there he bend down to find Tracy rolled up in a ball hiding. She was holding a metal rod and was about to poke him when he raised his hand. 

"Stop, go away. I have this and I'm not afraid to use it," she said. 

"I'm not here to hurt you. I'm responding to the 911 call you made about someone attacking you. It's ok, come out and I'll take you to safety." 

Tracy slowly gave Barry her hand and crawled out. They sat down and she sat in silence. Barry knew that this all was hard on her but he really needed her to remember anything about why or who was after her. 

"I know you said that in your all you told as much as you could. But I need you to think again and tell me if she told you why she was after you?"

"I... I don't remember. Like I said, I was going to my car when I heard someone behind me. Then the air started to go cold and I saw some one out her hand on my car window and it started to... Freeze up. I didn't think and started to run. I lost her when I came into the busy area and that's when I called police. I saw her again ... Well not her face, she threw something  my way but u ran. I came here and hid." 

The door opened and Tracy jumped. "It's ok, he is with me. That's Cisco and he is here to take you to safety. We are going to take you to STAR Labs and there you will be safe," said Barry.