Twelve

"Try and think. Nobody is forcing you remember anything in a specific way. Caitlin come on, I know you and you know all of us here. We have been helping Barry for the past three years save Centrak City. We have caught so many metahumans," tried Cisco.

"What's... What's a metahuman?"

Cisco rolled his eyes as everything about this was just frustrating. In one night how could everything changed and the other things was that they had no idea what had caused this. 

"Cisco, what's happening. How can I not remember only that specific amount of time?" 

"I don't know. From what you remember it's going to be hard to figure out how and what caused this sudden Loss of memeory."

Joe and H.R stood outside the room watching. Joe turned to H.R. From the moment that they had figured out Dr Wells wasn't the man he was saying he was, this was the first time Joe really missed him. Evil or not, he would definitely had known what to do. 

"Joe, I know you think that I'm useless in this situation and I'm but I will do what it takes to get to the bottom of this," said H.R.

"I know. I'm also worried about Barry. I want him to worry about less things but it always keeps getting more and more complicated." 

"I know. He has already so much on his plate and now this. It all going to be ok though."

                                //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Can you stop pacing around and come up with a solution for the mess that we have created. How long do you think it will take the Flash to figure out that it was us that did all this. Your plan didn't work." 

"Amanda, stop and let me think. It's already so hard to getting out of the first mess. That statue was meant for the Flash. He was the one that was meant to open the box and the timer was meant to go off and he was meant to forget everything that had happened after he got his powers. That way he would stay out of our way." 

"Yeah well your stupid timer didn't work. Plus that's a long time to erase. We haven't even tested what would happen if we did that." 

"Oh come on, she only forgot three years of her life. We did  her a favour. She is better off not remembering who the Flash is." 

Amanda wasn't fully convinced that what they had done was safe. Their device had been designed to target short memory loss but by manipulating the setting they had advanced the device to make the person forget a longer period of time. So many things could go wrong. 

                           //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Barry and Caitlin sat across from each other and secretly glancing at each other. 

"You know if you have a question then you can ask me," Barry said breaking the akward silence.

Caitlin looked away. She didnt know how to feel. Everybody kept telling her that she what she remembered was three years ago. She had moved on and she had helped Barry save the city numerous times and that she has helped become the hero he is today. But the more she tried to remember the more it all just sounded like a story. 

"I'm sorry Barry but I wish that this is all a temporary thing because I would love to remember the advantures and mishaps that we have had." 

Barry didn't know what to say to her. Thinking back to the whole past three years as bad as this situation was maybe it was a good thing. Maybe for Caitlin to be safe and away from this all. She has been through a lot and with the whole Killer Frost thing, she was always too scared to do things because she was scared the 'she' would take over. 

                          //~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

"Guys we have a robbery in progress at the Martha Evans charity Gellar. The guests are hostage," informed Cisco.

Barry looked at Caitlin who didn't do anything but watched Barry confused. Pain and sorrow turned inside his stomach on seeing her like this. But he zoomed out the door and made his way to the Gellar.

"Wow, that's amazing what he can do. But with all that speed and power, his health is paying the price. We should do some tests on him to know how this is all working," said Caitlin. 

Cisco looked at her confused. It was hard to see Caitlin, some he had known for so long trying to piece together her life again. 

"Cisco, I'm here. Do you have any idea how many people are inside and do you have a guest list?"

"Yeah Joe sent me the copy if the list and I'm going through them now. As far as for the other guys, last count was 3." 

Barry zoomed through the main doors to the function centre and up to the location of the Gellar. He bust through the doors and inside he found the guest were all set to one side of the hall. The robbers were on one side. By the looks of it no one was hurt.

"What do you want? Let them go?" Yelled  the Flash. 

"Don't worry Flash, our guest of honour has just arrived. Now we can have fun." Said the woman closest to him. 

She had a smile on her face. She turned to the second man who walked over to the guests. He pointed at groups who walked out the door following the guy. This didn't make sense. They were still wearing all their expensive jewelly. So how was this a robbery. 

"We don't get how you survived the memeory bomb but we won't fail this time. You are, let's say becoming a pain." 

"It was you guys. How did you do it? Did you track her down and do what to her. She can't remember three years of her life." 

"It was meant for you. You were the target of that memeory loss but we don't know what happened. But this still is bothering you and we'll take that."

"You are going to fix her now or I will not stop and think twice about killing you."

Silence fell at this. Even Barry wasn't sure where that came from. But everytime Caitlin and her wellbeing was brought into questioning he became protective. She was important for him and he wanted her to be happy and any trouble that she has to face he wanted to be by her side.