Chapter 2

"Oh!" Fitz said, catching me as I stumbled. I blushed and straightened myself, and I didn't miss Biana's wink towards me. 

"Sorry." I mumbled, playing with the skirt of my dress.

You look beautiful. He transmitted. 

Thanks. I transmitted back. He smiled at me, before leaving. 

"You're lucky he's so oblivious." Biana said as soon as he was out of earshot. "It's been what? 7 years?" She teased. 

"Yes and it's unhealthy to have a crush for seven years." I muttered. 

"That's barely anything in our lifespan, Sophie." She pointed out. 

"Yeah, I guess. I'm still surprised he hasn't requested a matchmaking scroll yet. He's 21!" I grumbled. 

"He didn't tell you why he's waiting, did he." She said, sounding disappointed. 

"No, he didn't."

"He's waiting for the entire group. And that includes you." 

"I told you, I'm getting it when I'm 20! That's next month!" I protested. "And I already submitted the packet, I just need to request the list." I muttered. 

"To Atlantis we go!" She declared, grabbing my hand and pulling me into the pathway of light. 

"What about Linh?" I asked.

"She's meeting us there. She's already in Atlantis." Biana answered as she pulled me into the whirlpool. Once in Atlantis, we waited for Linh. 

~~

"Sophie!" Biana said loudly. I looked up from the tunic I was looking at and saw her holding up an elegant red dress. "It's perfect for you!" She said, putting it in the pile of dresses to buy. Biana had memorized my dress size, so more often than not she ended up shopping for me and not for herself. 

"Biana, I thought this trip was for you." I said, rolling my eyes.

"But I love shopping for you!" She whined. I sighed and let her continue to shop for me as Linh looked for Biana. 

She's not even shopping for herself! I transmitted to Fitz. I could tell I caught him in the middle of a game of Bramble, because his thoughts were of bramble and they were interrupted. 

She loves shopping, but not for herself.  Fitz agreed. 

"SOPHIE!" Biana said, appearing next to me. 

"What?" I said, startled. 

"I got you the dresses!" She declared, handing me some bags.

"This is where I wish I was a conjurer." I muttered, shifting the bags so the straps were over my shoulder. 

"Too bad." Linh said, smirking. We continued to shop, Biana piling more and more bags into my arms as she completely redid my wardrobe. 

"We'll make Vertina jealous." She declared, handing me yet another bag. 

"If my closet fits all this." I said through a bag, unable to see. Linh was holding my arm, guiding me through the streets. 

"Bi, can we at least go to Havenfield so I can drop the bags off?" I muttered. 

"Fine." Biana said. I fumbled for my home crystal, and stepped into the light, before my house came into sight. 

"Sophie!" Edaline said, taking bags from me.

"Biana changed my wardrobe." I muttered as both her and Grady carried my bags up to my room.

"I'll organize your closet, you go shop more with Biana." Edaline said, and I thanked her, before leaping back to Atlantis and finding Biana and Linh in another shop. Biana had started to shop for Linh, so now her arms were filled with bags.