Chapter 6

"I'm right here. I'm a telepath." Alden said immediately.

"No, not putting you through that." I mumbled. "Tiergan! Please. I know Alden, I know you'd be willing to but I'm not putting you through that. I'm not putting you through having to see Fitz's mind." 

"Please, he's my son." He begged. 

"Alden, she's only watching out for you." Della said, turning him away and focusing on Biana. I threw my imparter at Dex, who hastily hailed Tiergan. He then hailed Elwin, and both elves rushed to us. Tiergan placed his hand on my shoulder as I plunged into Fitz's mind, seeing shards of memories. I gathered all the love and happiness I could in one go and released it, straining to find warmth. When it didn't appear, I did it again. I did it again and again until a trail of warmth appeared. 

FITZ! I transmitted. I inflicted more happiness and love, the trail getting stronger. 

FITZ!  I transmitted again, before inflicting once again. 

Fitz! Come on, Fitz. Please. I transmitted desperately. More positive emotions. 

FITZ! Come on, come on. The trail of warmth was stronger. 

FITZ! Please Fitz. Please. I transmitted thoughts of his family, and his friends. I transmitted that Biana was safe, that she was okay. More positive inflicting. 

Come on, Fitz. I know you can do it. You can come back. Come back to me, Fitz. Please. Please. No luck. 

COME ON FITZ! Come on cognate! Come on boyfriend! I believe in you! You can come back, Fitz. It wasn't your fault. Not your fault.  I transmitted, and the trail of warmth became stronger, but he wasn't replying yet.

Fitz, please. I love you. Please just come back to me. I pleaded. 

 I love you too. Fitz thought weakly.

oh thank goodness. I love you. I love you. I love you. 

I love you too. I exited his mind, and his eyes fluttered open. I pulled him into my arms, crying into his neck. He wrapped his arms around me, still weak from his mind recovering. I could once again feel his constant presence in the back of my mind, and I took comfort in that. That, and the fact that his arms were wrapped around me. 

"I love you." I whispered out loud, my voice shaky. 

"I love you too." He whispered, catching Alden and Della's attention. They immediately came over and wrapped their arms around both of us. The hug ended when we all heard coughing, and Alden and Della returned to Biana's side. I helped Fitz stand up and walk over to where she was, before sitting back down. He sat down in front of me, leaning into me as Biana woke up. Her cuts were healed thanks to Elwin, and Tiergan was standing nearby. I caught his eye and mouthed a thank you to him. He smiled in response, and I turned my attention back to Biana. 

"Hi guys." She said weakly. After Elwin handed Fitz and Biana some elixirs, he made both Fitz and Biana go up to their rooms. I started to follow Fitz, but Elwin grabbed my arm and shook his head. Fitz stopped however, waiting for me.

"I want Sophie with me." Fitz said. Elwin sighed and let me go, as I took Fitz's hand. He led me up to his room, and my eyes scanned it. The walls were covered with bramble jerseys, and on his bedside table was Mr. Snuggles, as well as a few pictures of the group, and a few pictures of his family. He laid down in his bed, patting the spot next to him. I laid down next to him, allowing him to wrap his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. 

"I almost thought I lost you." I admitted. "You didn't reply right away and that scared me." 

"I'm here now, though." He whispered, and I nodded. 

"And that's all that matters." 

"Promise me you won't feel guilty anymore?" 

"I promise, Soph." 

"Thank you." I murmured, my eyes closing as my exhaustion caught up with me. Fitz yawned as well, and we both fell asleep, wrapped in each other's arms. 

~~~~~~~

Elwin made both Fitz and Biana take it easy. Taking it easy meant no light leaping, no bramble, no base quest. So basically they were stuck at Everglen. 

"We could play would you rather." I suggested as we all sat in Biana's room.

"What's that?" Dex asked.

"It's a human game. Basically you give someone two choices and they have to choose between the two." I explained. They all nodded.

"I'll start." Biana said.

"Keefe! Would you rather never had the drama happen but never meet Sophie, or meet Sophie and have all the drama happen? Not saying Sophie caused the drama of course." Biana quickly said.

"You're fine, Biana. I did cause quite a lot of drama." I said, laughing. 

"Meet Sophie of course." Keefe answered. "Alright. Fitz, would you rather have to kill Sophie or Biana?" He smirked as Fitz glanced from me to Biana. 

Go for me. I transmitted to Fitz.

But...... He protested. 

She's your family, Fitz. Don't hypothetically kill your family. 

I mean, I hypothetically killed Alvar when we broke his mind. His thoughts flashed to that day, when we had to break Alvar's mind. 

Fitz. 

I know, I know. 

"Is killing you an option?" Fitz said, smirking at Keefe.

"No!" He said.

"Well, I choose the option that I just created." He announced. 

"Cheater!" He accused. 

"Tam, would you rather marry Keefe or Valin." Fitz said. Everybody in our group knew who Valin was.

"Keefe." Tam muttered. 

"BANGS BOY LIKES ME!" Keefe said loudly.

"I like you better than Valin! And Keefe, what about your little crush on-" Tam started, but Keefe covered his mouth before he could say anything. It sounded like "Biana" though. I smirked, glancing at Fitz. He grinned at me, pulling me into him. 

"Alright. Sophie. Would you rather.......let Biana give you a makeover everyday or constantly smell like Iggy farts and look like Silveny just pooped on you." Tam said, smirking.

"Ugh, let Biana give me a makeover. Iggy farts are disgusting, not to mention the sparkly poop." I said, shuddering. The game continued, and we managed to pull Edaline and Della into it after a bit of convincing.