Chapter 10

"Guys." I said, smiling. 

"Did it go well?" Biana demanded.

"So apparently the ballots were already sent out." I said.

"Aw." 

"But they put me on there just in case."

"And what?" 

"I got it." I said, grinning. "And, there's more good news." I said.

"Emery stepped down." Fitz started.

"And so they sent out another ballot to prepare, and put Fitz on there." I continued.

"Wait so both of you are councillors? What about you two marrying each other?" Dex interrupted.

"They are allowing us to marry each other." Fitz said, squeezing my hand. 

"Wait, so that means that you are the mediator between the councillors." Tam said, looking at Fitz. 

"Technically, yes. Though Sophie could also become the mediator." 

"That's awesome!" Dex said.

"We're friends with two of the most powerful councillors there ever will be. This is awesome." Keefe said, smirking. 

"Anyways, who did you get as your number one, Dex?" I said, changing the subject. 

"Linh." He said, blushing. 

"And you, Linh?" I asked, grinning.

"Dex." She replied, also blushing. 

"Tam?" 

"Marella." He said. 

"What about number twos?" Fitz asked. 

"I got Keefe." I replied, to which Keefe wiggled his eyebrows jokingly. 

"I got Linh." Fitz said. 

"I got Sophie." Keefe said.

"I got Biana." Tam said.

"I got Marella." Dex said. 

"Fitz." Linh replied.

"Tam." Biana replied.

"We should all go on a date with our number ones." Keefe announced.

"I was expecting that from Biana, and not you." I said, laughing. 

"Maybe that's my clever way of asking her on a date." 

"Alright, boys you go get ready, and I'll get the girls ready." Biana said, and she pulled us into her room.  She shifted through her closet, before pulling out a semi-short white dress and handing it to me. I sighed and changed into the dress in her bathroom, lingering in there looking at my reflection. I left the bathroom, only to be pulled back in by Biana. She did my makeup, but only a light layer at my request. Linh handed me some jewelry, and I put the bracelet and earrings on. For my hair, she simply ran her hair brush through it and pulled it all to one side.