Chapter Thirteen

"Just kidding, Keefe. You can stay the night." I said, giggling. 

"Why am I friends with you?" Keefe muttered.

"Because I'm the Mysterious Miss F." I said, smirking. "And I'm Fitz's girlfriend." 

"Also, why has nobody told me the news on the Neverseen?" I muttered, realizing that Biana never updated me on that issue. 

"Biana didn't tell you?" Keefe mumbled. 

"No, she didn't." 

"Well, the Black Swan defeated them." Keefe said. 

"And NOBODY told me?" I scoffed. 

"Fitz didn't?" Dex said, appearing in the doorway.

"Uh. Dex? I'm in the same boat as Soph here. Couldn't really tell her that when I didn't know." Fitz said, and Dex groaned, facepalming. 

"I guess it's a sleepover for all of us then." I stated, Linh appearing next to Dex. 

"It is." Linh said with a grin, and I snuggled into Fitz.

"So, what to do?" I wondered out loud. 

"You know what we should do?" Keefe said, a grin taking over his face. "PILLOWFIGHT!" He declared. I sat up, taking the pillows out from me and Fitz with my hands. I smirked and used my telekinesis to smack Keefe in the face with the pillow. 

"Mom!" I yelled, since we needed more pillows.

"Yes?" Edaline said after a minute, having clearly dropped what she was doing to come up here.

"Can you get us some more pillows? We're gonna have a pillow fight." I announced. She smiled and snapped her fingers, a pile of pillows appearing on the ground. Everybody took one, and I winked at Fitz.

"Three." 

"Two."

"one." And the chaos started. I used telekinesis to hit my friends with the pillow, as Fitz did the same. I smirked and connected my mind fully with Fitz's. 

Let's get Keefe super hard. I transmitted. He smirked at my transmission, before connecting our hands. I made the pillow fly towards Keefe, who's eyes widened. I felt Fitz send energy to help me, and the impact knocked Keefe off of his feet. I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him, before whacking him on the head without Fitz's help with the power. The room was still for a moment, before Dex burst out laughing, bending over. Then, the battle continued. Keefe made sure to whack Fitz and I more often, though I often prevented him from hitting us with telekinesis. Grady came into the room, probably to see what all the shrieking and laughing was doing, and I grinned. I made the pillow go over to him and smack him in the face, and he narrowed his eyes at me. He snatched Biana's pillow, who was closest to him, and walked up to the side of my bed. He nailed my in my face, and I didn't even bother trying to block it with my telekinesis. Edaline appeared in the doorway, and Grady chucked her a pillow. She conjured two more pillows, and my parents joined the pillow battle. Finally, I had enough of sitting around, and leaped up and into the fray. I was perfectly fine, Elwin had done a good job. I ducked as I swung a pillow at Tam, only to get hit by Biana on the other side of me. I was giggling, whacking Edaline as Grady grabbed my waist and pulled me away from her. I whacked him, glaring at him playfully before running past Tam and whacking him as I passed. 

"Get back here!" Grady said, running after me. Fitz had gotten up and was currently whacking Keefe over the head repeatedly, Keefe holding his arms over his face in defense. Fitz had yanked his pillow away from him, so he was being bombarded with two pillows. I sprinted past them and took one of Fitz's weapons, before chucking the pillow at Grady, who was still pursuing me. That's when I noticed Terik was at the door, a smile on his face.

"Terik!" I exclaimed, and the room stilled, Linh about to smack Dex in the face with her pillow. 

"Looks like you guys are having fun." Terik said, laughing. 

"Yeah." I said, giggling. 

"YOU SHOULD TOTALLY JOIN!" Keefe yelled. Then, all nine other councillors appeared behind him. "Oh." He said, putting his pillow down awkwardly. 

"Why not?" Terik said, a glint in his blue eyes. Edaline's eyes widened, but she conjured enough pillows for the Councillors. And then, once again, the chaos resumed. Even Oralie and Bronte joined in on the pillow fight. I tripped over my rug, falling into Fitz's arms. 

"Hey there." I said, before standing up and whacking him with a pillow. He scowled and whacked me with his own pillow. He tried to whack me a second time, but I ducked and spun around, effectively whacking Terik. Feathers from the pillows were everywhere, littering the ground. I got whacked by Linh, but then Fitz whacked her from behind. 

"Teamwork makes the dreamwork." I said, grinning ducking instinctively as I felt the wind from a passing pillow against my cheeks.

"Dang." I heard Oralie say with a giggle. I raised my eyebrows, standing up straight and sending a pillow her way. It smacked her in the face, before I pulled it back to me using telekinesis. Biana was pummelling Keefe with her pillow, Keefe getting hit so often that he barely could hit her back. Then, Alden and Della were at the door. 

"Dad! Mom!" Fitz said, dodging Bronte's pillow. "Come join us!" He said, dodging Edaline's pillow. Della shrugged, grabbing a pillow that Edaline conjured. She disappeared, and I glanced at Fitz. Alden smiled fondly before grabbing the remaining pillow and immediately whacking Keefe on the head. I felt a pillow hit me in the head, and I spun around, hitting the invisible person. Della. I grinned wildly, ducking as I saw the pillow come towards me. Fitz and I ended up back to back, fending off incoming pillows while whacking the others simultaneously. I had hit Oralie, Bronte, Terik and Alina in succession, and a rare laughed escaped Bronte's lips. When the group stopped when they realized who was laughing, I simply shrugged and the fight resumed for the fourth time. The fight only stopped once the pillows ran out of feathers. All of us had goofy grins on our faces, and Fitz wrapped his arms around me. 

"So I assume there was a reason for the visit?" I spoke, turning towards Terik. 

"Just visiting." He replied.

"All of you?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

"Yup." Bronte confirmed. 

~~~~~~~~

That was fun to write.