Chapter Eleven

"Sophie!" Biana exclaimed, not noticing the guy I was currently sitting on, preventing him from doing anything. 

"Biana, I've got to get the others. Just go to Havenfield, alright? Please. I promise I'll explain why later. Just go there and get inside the house and make Elwin get inside too." I said.

"Elwin? Why is he there?" Keefe said.

"For one time your empathetic skills shoul come in handy Keefe! Go!" I yelled.

"Panic. Fear. Anxiousness." Keefe muttered.

"Go! Please!" I pleaded, and they nodded, leaping to Havenfield. I quickly leaped the hooded figure to Havenfield as well, knocking him unconscious. 

"I don't have time to explain, just keep these two contained and harmless." I said as they all went inside. Luckily, Elwin had moved Fitz into my room, so he was already inside. I hailed Dex, hoping I wasn't too late. I was standing on the edge of the cliff, just in case. Like Biana, I saw the hooded figure as I was trying to get them both to come here. I teleported, knocking into the waiter instead of the hooded figure. I leaped over their table and tackled the figure before the knife reached Linh. I felt the metal graze my back, and I bit back a yelp of pain. I channeled my pain to inflict on the intruder, and he was unconscious in seconds. 

"Take him to Havenfield. Biana and Keefe are there." I said breathlessly. 

"Tam. Gotta save Tam." I murmured. I hailed Tam, and he picked up almost immediately. Luckily, there wasn't a hooded figure there yet. Yet. Hopefully he was easier to convince than Biana and Dex had. 

"Tam. Go to Havenfield with Marella. Now. Don't ask questions. Please." I said immediately, as I saw the hooded figure.

"Take that back, I'm coming to you." I muttered, leaping off the oh so convenient cliff.  Once there, I leaped over their table and tackled the figure again, feeling another graze of the knife slice across my back. I channeled my pain into inflicting again, the rebel going unconscious almost as soon as I started to inflict. 

"Sophie, you're injured." Tam said worriedly, about to hail Elwin.

"Just take me to Elwin. He's at Havenfield. Bring rebel." I murmured. Tam nodded, gathering me in his arms and glancing at Marella.

"Marella should come too." I said, fighting to stay awake. She nodded solemnly, picking up the rebel with some trouble before they leapt to Havenfield. 

"Sophie!" Keefe yelled. Elwin was still working on Fitz. 

"She's injured." Tam said immediately, blocking Keefe from hugging me. That got Elwin's attention. 

"I wish there was another physician around." Elwin muttered, glancing between me and Fitz. "He's still in bad condition. Don't know what was on that knife, but it did some damage." 

"She got cut by knives too!" Tam said desperately. Elwin cursed, motioning for Tam to lay me beside Fitz. He constantly switched between the two of us, and before I knew it, I was asleep. 

~

"Will they be okay?" A feminine voice demanded. 

"We can't be sure until they wake up. Fitz's wound was deep, and Sophie got cut two times by two different knives." A masculine voice replied evenly. 

"It just kills me to know that Bullhorn was.....is.....laying by both their heads and screaming his head off." The female replied. I tried to open my eyes, tried to say I'm awake, but to no avail. Fitz. I thought. Based off what the man was saying, he was hurt. And so was I. Bullhorn. The banshee. It laid by someone's head if they were in critical condition. I was in critical condition. Fitz was in critical condition. The female was worried for both of us. I knew I knew who the voices belonged to, but in my state I couldn't put a name to each voice. 

~~~

"Bullhorn hasn't moved in two days!" The female voice cried, and I could finally put a name to the voice. Edaline. Mom. 

"They both still have a pulse, Edaline." The same masculine voice said. Elwin, physician. 

"We got to have hope, Eda." A new masculine voice said. Grady. Dad. "We can't give up on them." 

"It must suck to have two councillors be this close to dying." An unfamiliar voice said. "And it must suck even more to know that you are all about to die as well." He added.

"No!" I said, forcing my eyes open. Before any of them could react, I inflicted on the unfamiliar person, making him collapse. He wasn't visible until I inflicted on him, and I groaned as my strength dissipated. Then, I fell back into my state where I couldn't speak or open my eyes. 

~~~

"No, no, no." Edaline murmured. 

"Miss, they've been unconscious for two weeks now." Elwin said gently. "Bullhorn hasn't moved a muscle."

"Sophie woke up. She woke up when that man wanted to kill us." She sobbed. Two weeks. I've been unconscious for two weeks. Fitz. I thought. 

Sophie? A weak voice said. It was Fitz, thought I was sure I was still unconscious.

Fitz? Are we awake? I transmitted back.

I....I don't think so. I can't do anything. 

Neither can I....

Who's talking right now?

Edaline and Elwin. Apparently it's been two weeks.

that's a long time. 

Bullhorn....apparently he's by our heads and hasn't moved a muscle

well..... He transmitted a bunch of curse words to me. 

This has to mean something though? I mean in the past two weeks we haven't been able to communicate at all. 

What if....What if it means? 

What if it means we're dying. I finished. 

"Miss, we have to let go at some point." Elwin said gently. 

Is he talking about letting us die completely?  Fitz asked. 

Maybe. 

"NO! I'm not giving up on either of them!" Edaline said forcefully. "If it comes to it, I will pay you." She muttered. "I will pay you to continue your support for Sophie and  Fitz." 

Elwin must be keeping us both alive, then. I thought to Fitz. 

Yeah. He replied. 

I'm scared. 

So am I, Soph. 

I woke up once. There was a vanisher in the room who wanted to kill the people in the room. I woke up, inflicted, and then fell back into this weird state. 

That has to be a good sign.

That was like two weeks ago, if Elwin is correct. 

Well, if Edaline isn't going to give up on us, then we shouldn't give up on ourselves.

~~~~

WHAT HAVE I DONE