Chapter Seven

"WHAT?" I said, crossing my arms.

"You will not be part of the mission to get rid of the new Neverseen group." Wraith said slowly. 

"Was that not what I was 'created'  to do though?" 

"And you did it!" 

"I can do it again!"

"We will not put you in danger again, Sophie." Granite said. 

"Is it because it's been 4 years since they've been defeated? Is it because I'm in a relationship? Is it because of what happened with Biana and Fitz?" I said, staring at them. "If anything, I want to do it for them." 

"No, Sophie." Wraith said firmly. 

"Fine. Keep me updated." I said, glaring at Granite and the rest of the council before stalking out of Alluveterre and into the treehouse. I ran into Fitz, and he smiled at me. 

"What did they want to tell you?" He asked. 

"They're not letting me help them defeat the Neverseen again." I muttered. His thoughts went back to his conversations with them. 

"We need your help to defeat the Neverseen." Wraith said. "We need Dex's, and Keefe's, and Tam's, and Linh's, and Biana's help as well." 

"What about Sophie?" Fitz asked in his memory. 

"We do not need her anymore. She has served her purpose." 

"Her purpose was to defeat the Neverseen, correct? If they're back, then she hasn't served her so called purpose. I don't see why her helping is your call to make. She should be able to help if she wants to help."

"Fitz, this was not meant for her."

"She's my cognate! If she's not helping neither am I. And since I'm the first one you're talking to, I can easily tell the others that you're not letting her help with something she feels very strongly about. You think she wants to sit back and let others do the work when they kidnapped one of her best friends? When they killed her human parents? You think you can force her to do that? She's not your puppet! She did those things for you in the past because she wanted to. At no point in time did she ever feel forced to." 

"She's not allowed to help and that is that!" Wraith said forcefully.

"THEN I'M NOT HELPING EITHER." Fitz yelled, before stalking out of the room. 

"Hey, hey, hey." He said, pulling me into his arms. "We'll boycott the Black Swan until they let you help." He said. 

"You'll do no such thing." Blur said, daring him to challenge her.

"Yes we will." Fitz said. 

"You cannot make that decision for your friends." 

"Too bad we all agree with him." Tam said, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"You don't get to make that decision." She snapped. 

"And here I thought that elves were supposed to be the superior race in the world. If we don't allow freedom of action and speech, then clearly we have some work to do if the humans can allow that." I replied. "Which means that we are not the superior race as we claim to be." 

"We are  superior!"

"Then what happened to letting people make their own decisions, huh? Something humans do?" 

"WE CANNOT ALLOW THESE DECISIONS TO BE MADE BY YOU IN CIRCUMSTANCES LIKE THESE!" 

"Then I cannot allow myself to be part of the Black Swan in these circumstances." I snapped. 

"Same here." Fitz said. The others nodded.

"Therefore, you are without the elves you so desperately needed to help." Fitz stated.

"You cannot quit. You swore to do what was best for the organization 5 years ago. You have to hold true to that." 

"You've changed. The council is not the same without Mr. Forkle." I accused. 

"We have developed and become better." Wraith said, appearing. 

"Better? You call rejecting us a say in whether or not we help you or not better?" Linh demanded. "And here I thought Granite might offer some thoughtfulness and care because for goodness sakes he's Fitz's and Sophie's telepathy mentor and he's known Sophie for her entire time in the Elven world. You'd think that might allow him to see that Sophie is determined to help defeat the Neverseen. Clearly not." She continued. 

"You will help us." 

"No we will not." Dex said. 

"YES, YOU WILL!" She shouted. 

"You can't force us!" Biana declared. Before they could respond, Fitz held up his home crystal and leaped the two of us away, and soon the others appeared. Then, before we could process what was going on, Fitz got pulled away from me and the person who pulled away from me leaped away. In his place was a piece of paper. 

We're not that easy to get rid of. The paper read. 

"That's it. If they won't let me help now then I'm doing it myself." I muttered. Granite appeared, and he seemed to notice Fitz's absence. 

"Where's Fitz?" He said. I stuffed the note in his hand, before crossing my arms over my chest. 

"I will go off on my own if you don't let me help now. At least let me help get him back." I said. 

"Fine." He mumbled. He contacted the other members of the council, and we met in Biana's room. Biana took the job of telling Alden and Della what happened, and they ran up to me, hugging me. 

"Where would they take him?" Blur asked, looking at Keefe. 

"If the group is still relatively small, then the same place Biana was. Looking at the note, it's the same handwriting, meaning they don't have many people to do their 'dirty work' yet." Keefe answered. I tuned them out, searching for his thoughts. I heard them, very loudly. He must be transmitting for help. I located them, and he was in fact in the same location Biana was. Down to the same room in the same tower. 

"He's there. They haven't drugged him yet, which can't be good. They're probably going to use him." I said, my voice cracking at the end of my sentence. 

~~~~~

I WAS LOOKING AT THE KOTLC WIKI ON THE SOPHITZ PAIRING AND LOOK WHAT I FOUND IN THE TRIVIA! AGH! 

Fitz's real name (Fitzroy) can be split into two parts. Fitz and Roy. The meaning of Fitz is, "Son of the king" and the meaning of Roy is, "king/seeker of wisdom." Sophie's name means "wisdom," which could mean that Fitz is seeking Sophie.

AND THAT JUST HAPPENED. Why do I write this type of stuff.......