Chapter 14

"SOPHIE!" Somebody yelled in my ear. 

"What?" I said with a groan, opening one eye. "Go away Keefe." 

"NEVER!" He claimed. Fitz, who was laying next to me, sat up and whacked him with a pillow, before falling back down and snuggling into me. 

"You have my permission to go away Keefe." I muttered. 

"AW THEY'RE SO CUTE TOGETHER!" I heard Biana say, and I groaned. 

"I swear." I started.

we should probably get up. Fitz transmitted. I sighed and sat up, glaring at my friends. I shooed them out, and then went into my bathroom, staring at my reflection. I pulled an outfit on, before fixing my messy hair. When I got out of the bathroom, I saw Keefe whacking Fitz with a pillow, glaring at him. 

"Is something going on here?" I asked pointedly, and Keefe stopped mid-whack. 

"No." Both boys said at the same time. I giggled, shaking my head.

"Boys will be boys." Della said from the doorway.  

"I guess that is true, Della." I acknowledged. "Though I wouldn't peg Fitz as the instigator of another pillow fight."

"Bias!" Keefe declared. 

"And yet I saw you wacking him, and not the other way around."

"Well...."

"Mhm. That's what I thought Sencen." 

"You all are crazy." Edaline said. 

~~~~~~~~~~

"YOU'RE GRADUATING!" I said with a shriek, shaking Fitz's shoulders in excitement. He was graduating today. 

"Soph." He said pointedly. 

"What? Can I not be excited for my boyfriend and cognate?" 

"You can be, but can you not be so....vocal about it?" 

"Why?" I said, frowning. The dangers our group faced had long since disappeared. 

"Frankly, it's embarrassing." 

"Oh. Okay." I said, remaining silent after that. Did I embarrass Fitz? 

"Soph." He said as I turned away. He reached for my arm but I dodged his hand. 

Soph. He tried in my mind. I blocked him. If I embarrassed him, then I guess I'd just shut up. Biana came up squealing, throwing her arms around her older brother. If she doesn't embarrass him why do I? Because I'm a 'freak'?  I wondered. I shook the thought away, but it still lingered in the back of my mind. Finally, the show started and I made my way to where Edaline, Grady, Alden and Della were sitting. I watched the ceremony with interest, and sighed when Fitz went up on the stage. Each graduate showed off an ability, and Fitz had chosen how he was my cognate and what we could do together. Fitz met my eyes and I nodded slightly, before standing up and going up on the stage next to him. 

Soph. Come on, I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I made it seem like you're an embarrassment because you're not. He transmitted. 

Was Biana an embarrassment when she came running up to you squealing and throwing her arms around you? I accused. 

Soph. 

Let's just do what we planned to do. I curtsied to the crowd, but Fitz didn't fully connect his mind to mine.

Fitz! What are you doing? I transmitted as he didn't do what we were supposed to do. We were supposed to transmit to everyone at once. 

FITZ! Fitz, you're holding the ceremony up. Still, he didn't fully connect his mind, so I fully connected mine to his. His thoughts flooded into my brain, and I pushed them out, not wanting to intrude. Our cognate rings snapped together as our minds connected, and I looked Fitz in the eye. 

Now, are we going to do this or not? I asked pointedly, and he intertwined our hands. 

Are you still mad at me for making you think you're an embarrassment? He transmitted to me.

Well, I'd say you made up for it by embarrassing yourself. I mean, I could also be embarrassed considering we were supposed to do our thing and go, but we're leaving the audience in silence here. 

Sufficiently embarrassed. 

Let's do it. And with that, we transmitted .

In the name of all the students at Foxfire, we thank you for attending our graduation. Fitz and I transmitted at the same time to the hundreds of elves gathered. I saw Edaline and the others smile, other elves look a bit startled, and others amazed. 

"So, Soph." Fitz said, his teal eyes sparkling. "What are you going to do for your graduation ceremony next year?" 

"I'm friends with an Alicorn. I could also get Gildie to do something. Or Verdi." I said, smirking at him. "Oh, and don't forget teleporting." 

"Why not all of them?" Keefe said, coming up next to us. 

"Well, that would be a bit overboard, don't you think?"  He shrugged, and I rolled my eyes. Of course Keefe didn't think it was overboard. 

"Silveny." Biana said, appearing next to Keefe. 

"Well, when the time comes, I'll decide. But for now, let's celebrate Keefe and Fitz graduating." 

"Fine." Biana said, grumbling about how she wanted to start planning ours right now. 

"There's the two youngest councillors ever!" Grady said, a smile on his face. 

"Fitz made me apply!" I protested. 

"You bet on Keefe and Biana getting each other as their number ones. That was pretty much a guarantee." He pointed out. 

"You never know. Maybe Biana could've gotten Tam." I said, glancing at Tam. He rolled his eyes, and Biana glared at me. 

"Tam, get over here and stop lurking." Fitz said, and Tam sighed. He walked over, standing next to me as Fitz wrapped his arm around my waist. 

"Well, I guess I'll let you guys celebrate. Be good." Grady said, while sending a pointed look in Keefe's direction. 

"Hey! I'm good!"

"Says the elf who cause the Great Gulon Incident." Fitz said with a smile. 

"Sophie burned Lady Galvan's cape!" 

"Keefe the Mischief Maker." I said, and Keefe glared at me. 

"I am not a mischief maker!" Keefe said firmly. 

"You're lying to yourself, Keefe." 

"I am not!"

"Keefe, you were so proud of the Great Gulon incident." Biana interjected. Keefe glared at his girlfriend, but she simply smirked at him. 

"Fine." He said with a huff, giving up. 

"That's what I thought." 

~~~~~~

SO I'm totally sorry this is so late

But

yeah I don't really have an excuse

school? 

robotics?

anyways, how's life

oh and there's only going to be one more chapter after this (and it will serve as a sort of epilogue as well)