Chapter 5

It was about seven in the morning when Jay woke you up. He was going on and on about how the masked guy from the house that attacked the both of you was in his room. You stood up and grabbed his shoulders.

"Calm down and go grab the tape." He nodded and ran back into his room to grabbed the tape. On the way back he grabbed your tape as well. He came back and put it in.

Jay's Tape-

It showed Jay getting ready for bed, at first it was just his room but he walks in and stands there for a moment staring at his digital camera. The tape then cuts to Jay sitting on his bed now his jacket is off and he's in the process of taking off his shoes. It cuts again to Jay sleeping and you can see the mask in the window. It stays like that for a while but then the second it cuts the masked man is now on top of Jay's dresser in a crouched position. The video tearing is very heavy as the masked man shifts his position on the desk as the tearing slows. It then cuts back to the masked man sitting beside Jay, just looking at him. The tearing stopped when he was directly next to Jay's bed. When the masked man appeared directly in front of the camera the tears are heavy just like when the man first showed up. Once the man disappears Jay is also gone.

-END-

"I was gone for three hours but I don't remember ever waking up and leaving for a long period of time." You nodded your head slowly.

"That's really fucking creepy. I don't think I want to watch mine." Jay shook his head.

"No, we have to watch yours. He could have visited you too." You sighed and agreed as he put in your tape.

Your Tape-

You were asleep and the masked man walked into the camera's view. He walked over to your sleeping figure and gently ran his thumb over your cheek. The masked figure also ran their hand over your bandaged arm. Standing up, the masked man ran off camera. The window behind you was not completely covered by shades. The masked man lifted up his mask enough to blow hot breath on it. He drew the weird symbol, then drew a heart.

-END-

Shivers ran down your spine, the creepy masked man had a thing for you? What if he did something else while you weren't recording?

"Hey, Y/N you alright?" you shrugged, you didn't know how to feel.

"I- I guess. But I don't feel safe." Jay nodded.

"I understand, I don't either Y/N" He walked back to his room, he was only in there for about a minute before he came running back out. "Y/N! The pill bottle is empty and the bullet casing is missing. I know I didn't lose it, and I haven't been taking any of these pills and they're completely gone." You nodded.

"You still have all the papers right?" He nodded.

"Why?" You pointed at the paused tape.

"That symbol, it was in Alex's video and I think it was on those papers." He nodded and ran to get them. Once he brought them back you showed him the symbol that was written many times throughout the papers that Alex has drawn.

"But what does this mean?" you shrugged and looked at the back of one of the notes. 'At the red tower.'

"look, look. Remember the red tower in one of the tapes?" Jay nodded.

"Yeah, I was the one recording it." You rolled your eyes.

"Okay, smart ass. We have to go there." Jay nodded. 

"Well unless you want to bother my clothes-"

"No, I'll be fine. Just go get dressed." He nodded and ran to get dressed.

Time skip

Jay and you were walking through the woods, you both had cameras on you just in case something happened.

"Are you sure you know where you're going?" Jay just nodded and said nothing. You two reached a clearing and saw a red tower in the distance. As you two got closer you noticed multiple holes in the red wooden tower. In the back, there was some caution tape on the ground that was stomped on. You both walked into the tower as Jay started to climb the ladder. He was careful and took his time since he had his camera in hand. Once he was up there he noticed a metal container. On his way back down he dropped both his camera and the case. Catching his camera with your only free hand, he jumped off the ladder and picked up the case.

"Thanks" Jay mumbled as he took back his camera. Once you both exited the tower he kneeled down and placed his camera on the ground as well as the case. Opening it up he showed the camera that there was a tape inside. "Y/N, I think we should hurry back to the car." Feeling the same, thinking that someone was watching you. Alex got up and you both hurried back to his car.

Time skip

Once you and Jay got back to his house (It was really an apartment) you both decided to play the tape. "We've watched so many of these I feel like I'll never have to watch a movie again."

Tape From The Red Tower-

The video started with just Alex talking to his other cameraman Seth. They both entered this collapsed abandoned house. There were already a lot of video tears. The audio seemed to be very loud and sounded muffled by the static occurring. As Alex and Seth ventured deeper into the house, they walk up the steps that are covered in broken bits of concrete. As they reached the top of the stairs the audio cut out for a second as the screen turned black. As they explore more, you can see more pipes and valves. Hearing a noise they both turn around quickly, they continued in the direction of the sound. They then pointed the camera at this tube-like object thing.  Then as one of the containers start leaking, Seth mumbled.

"The sound is this way." As both he and Alex follow the dark hallway. Then the video cuts back to the tube like object, this part tearing heavily. Once again cutting back to Seth and Alex, Alex pointed at what looked like nothing at first. Then Seth turned on this red light and then you could see the blood that was painted over. Then the video turned black with white dots everywhere and one big white circle covering Alex's face for a second, then switching back to normal. Then the video starts shaking back and forth wildly, stopping after about 30 seconds. Suddenly the audio turns into a static scream. The camera drops and you hear Alex yell Seth's name. The camera, now resting on the ground now showing a whole mixture of colors. Then to this brown and black blob mixture, Finally resting on a white screen. Cutting back to Alex by himself.

"Seth is gone. I don't remember what happened. We were the only two left. And I left him. Brian is gone. Tim, and Jay, and Sarah, and Y/N. Everyone is gone. I just woke up in this house, with the tape. Seth's Camera is gone, all I can remember from the night is right here." The screen then turns black and Alex re-appears. "All I can remember at all is on the tape now. I'm leaving this house." The camera turned black again, bringing Alex back a second time. A door creaked in the background. "I thought I would be safer here." The camera flickers black once more. "By running away." Then his audio distorts. "But everything's just gotten worse, I'm going back to my home. And I'm burning these tapes." The screen turns black once more, Alex not returning this time. "All of them"

-END-