Part 9

Shoutout to Emi12Winchester !! Go read her story!! They're preferences, imagines and ideas🦄

Sam was sitting on the edge of the table, only about a metre from where Rowena was sitting and drinking her third cup of tea. Dean was cleaning the laundry and Mary was reading in the library. Cas had left to attend to personal business in his room. To Sam, Rowena's presence was oddly comforting. She cared freely enough to visit them, so that has to count for something, right?

Sam never realised he was staring until Rowena asked him, "You see something you like, young Winchester?"

He blushed and turned down his head, his hair falling over his eyes. He attempted to cover up his embarrassment by asking the question, "How much wonger?"

"How much longer until what, Sam?"

"This spell wears off?"

Rowena put down her cup and pushed her chair backwards a bit, motioning with her hands for him to come closer.

He shuffled himself across the tabletop and sat in front of Rowena. She blanketed his hand with her own and placed a hand to his temple as she closed her eyes.

Her eyebrows pushed together in concentration. Then she spoke calmly, "It seems like only about five days to go, my dear."

Sam slumped and sighed out in relief, 'Five days isn't that long...'

"Have you any other concerns?" Rowena lent forward slightly.

Sam was silent for a few moments. Then whispered, "I hafe nightmares."

It took Rowena a few seconds to comprehend what he so quietly said. When she did, she placed her hand on Sam's cheek and rose his head slightly to look her in the eye, "That would be expected. Your life experiences are not meant for a child's mind." She paused for a few moments, "How bad are they?"

Sam looked at her surprised, "Why do you care so much?"

Rowena didn't say anything back, just looked down to her bag that she brought with her, "I have something in there to help the nightmares, a bracelet. It keeps negativity at bay. Just wear it at night, and you'll be fine."

Rowena bent down and went through her bag, she unzipped an inside pocket and placed the thick bracelet in Sam's hands.

She stood and left the room, leaving Sam to hold the magical object, and wonder why Rowena had a sudden soft spot for him.

Would it be better to have smaller more frequent chapters??

Also, did anyone get the reference with the bracelet??