Part 14

Mary woke up at 6:45, she headed into the hallway and was met by the smell of urine. She scrunched up her nose and looked around, spotting a small pair of underwear that had a dark stain on them.

When she brought them to the laundry, she saw the sink full of soaking clothes. She smiled and placed the soiled underwear in the sink with the others. Vowing not to tell anyone.

As she passed Sam's room and peered in, she saw the disarray of bed sheets and decided to fix that too.

She found Sam and Cas in the kitchen, Dean was still asleep.

"Morning," Mary called.

Cas looked up and answered her with "Good morning Mary."

Sam had his mouth filled up too much to answer, so he smiled politely at her with a mouthful of banana.

Mary smiled back and stroked Sam's hair out of his face, "You're up early."

Cas huffed guiltily, "I'm afraid that was my fault, I was a bit noisy in here."

Mary acted like she accepted the reason. She turned back to her son, "So did Rowena tell you when you'll be back to normal?"

Sam nodded, "About four days."

Mary nodded back almost regrettably.

...

Mary had her mug of coffee steaming in her hands, when Dean groggily walked in with his dressing gown hung loosely around his shoulders.

He didn't say anything until he had finished and tasted his own coffee, but even then all he grunted was, "Mornin".

Sam had nearly forgotten about his clothes that were still soaking in the sink when Dean later added, "I'm going to put a load of washing on soon."

Sam panicked for a moment, his arm accidentally knocked the glass salt shaker. It shattered onto the ground, 'That's one way to distract people I guess,' Sam thought.

"Sowy," he said none too apologetically.

Dean started to walk back over just as Sam got the brilliant idea to prolong his diversion by standing on the glass. Well, maybe it wasn't really his idea and he was just really clumsy but he didn't want to admit that to himself.

He cried out as glass and salt invaded his foot. Dean rushed to pick him up and place him on the bench, he inspected his foot as he said, "Why the hell would you do that, Sam?"

Sam knew his brother wasn't really angry, just concerned, but he couldn't help the tears. They were a mixture of pain and sorry, 'I hate being a kid'.

Cas came up to Sam, "I can heal that for you."

Dean still had Sam's foot in his hand, "Maybe we should clean it out first."

Sam nodded in agreement. Mary left to find the first aid kit from the bathroom.

Half an hour later Sam's foot was healed and Dean had forgotten all about the laundry.

Sam took the opportunity to transport all of his clothes from the sink to the washing machine. He then added more clothes on top to disguise it.

He left the laundry happy.

...

The day passed without any other instances. That night however, Sam seemed to be particularly hormonal. He hit his head on the corner of a table and began to wail. It was only a light bump, barely left anything on his head, yet he wailed. He didn't want to cry, but he felt as if he had no control over it.

Half an hour later and he was still crying. Castiel was the first to attempt to comfort Sam. When he couldn't calm him down, Dean took over. It wasn't long before Dean gave him to Mary.

Mary knew how to comfort a small child, and with Sam becoming increasingly more like a child, Sam was asleep on Mary's shoulder in 8 minutes.

Mary walked to her son's room and placed him on the bed. She left him without another word.

Two hours later Sam was in a cold sweat and he jolted awake, breathing heavily. It took him a long time to calm down, but when he did he grabbed the bracelet Rowena had given him to ward off nightmares from the bedside table.

When he had slipped the bracelet on, he fell asleep again before his head ever even hit the pillow.

Okay, the only reason I haven't updated in forever is because I was in my last few weeks of school. So now the holidays have started I think I will probably have the time to complete this story!

Sorry this is short too btw...