I'm...A Monster? (NatsuPOV)

It's been about a month since any communication between Lucy and Mr.Heartfillia has occurred. She spends most nights at my house, but on the couch instead of in her room. I don't understand why, but I would spend those nights next to her, holding her close in my arms. There would be nights where she would scream in her sleep. It wasn't from pain, or fear, it was anger. I would hold her tighter until she would calm down and get closer to me. I hate to see her like this.

Last night was probably the worst. She was sleeping at her house. First I just heard mumbling, then screams and cries, then actual words.

"LEAVE ME ALONE NATSU! I HATE YOU!" I was horrified. I didn't know what to think. Then I heard a dirt open at such a speed that it made me jump slightly. I looked through the window and there stood an extatic Jude Heartfillia.

"LUCY! WAKE UP!" I shouted it through the window, at least I thought I did. I was so mortified about what she had screamed in her sleep that I couldn't speak.

"Lucy! Wake up, darling!" He shouted with excitement blazing through his voice. She shot up breathing heavily. When she finally caught her breath she noticed who stood across her in her room and her expression changed to a dark glare that pierced your heart and, if looks could kill, murdered you instantly.

"Get out of my room." She said it dangerously. It was the most they've spoken since that day. I was shocked and even more speechless.

"What are your thoughts on the Dragneel pest?" He ignored her demand. She looked completely disgusted and offended.

"He's my best friend, he's not a pest, I love him, always have, always will. That answer your question? Good. Now get out! I will NOT repeat myself, Jude!" The glare she in return was nowhere near as fatal.

"I believe she told you to get out, Sir. She has her rights you know. You, of all people, should know about that." I finally was able to breathe and spoke up. He seemed shocked, she seemed proud. I gave my famous smirk as I felt more like myself again. She returned the beautiful smirk and gave me the signal. I reached into my room and pulled out a rope ladder. I've had it for years, but me and Lucy have been using it...differently than it should be. I tossed it out towards her, she reached as far as she could and caught it, put it on its latch, and climbed across, cautiously. Once she got across and ended up in my bedroom, she texted Leanna, one of her maids, whom soon after came in and, without a single word to Jude, unlatched the ladder. She gave a sweet smile to me and Lucy and waved as she carelessly left the room. Within this time Jude hadn't moved a muscle. He stood there as still, and as silent as a statue. It made Lucy and I chuckle. We closed the window and carried on with our night talking and laughing.

When Lucy woke up that morning she was covered in sweat and could barely breathe. I sat down next to her but she moved away from me in a very swift, and jumpy manor. I looked at her quizzically and she just looked back with fear etched across her face, and tears forming in her eyes.

"Luce...what's wrong?" I asked worriedly. She didn't respond, just a shake of the head and then she ran out. I didn't hear from her or see her until Monday! She avoided me most of the day, but we had all classes together which made it hard for her to completely swerve me, but she wouldn't talk to me...at all.

Band practice was awesome, all excpendor the fact that, Lucy didn't show, the instruments were missing, and we had no lyrics to practice anyway! Why was everything so strange lately? I didn't understand. That day, the crowds swallowed me whole, and I was too upset to try and get out. My best friend was ignoring me for some reason. What did I do wrong? It just didn't make any sense.

"Natsu, I don't know what you did but...it had to have been super bad if Lucy called you a..." Levy approached me, but she didn't finish her sentence.

"A what? What did she say?"

"She called you a monster." She stated it so shakily, yet plainly. What? A monster? What did I do to gain that title. I don't understand what I did wrong! Lucy...why are you so upset with me..please tell me..

It has now been exactly a week since I've spoken to Lucy. I don't know what to think, or what to do. Is this really the end of the duo that lasted so long? What could've been so strong, that it could actually break the unbreakable cement. What did I do that destroyed all my happiness? Lucy, she was my one and only. No one will ever be able to replace her. I feel as if there is an empty hole in my heart, and there is a vpice screaming from inside, screaming in pain. Such sorrow has never fallen upon me, in fact, I haven't gone to school in two days, and I'v actually been crying. My eyes are puffy, my nose is stuffed, and I can't breathe. My bestfriend has left me all alone, and I can see without her, she's my light, but for some reason she burned out. Tell me please world, what did I do?

A/N: Sorry it took so long to update. I've had horrible writer's block, and even after o get some sort of an idea, it's super cringey. I apologize for inconvenience. I would also like to apologize for the rare shortness of this chapter, like I said, write's block. This was the best I could come up with. I seriously hope you enjoyed this chapter, even though I am sure you didn't, and leave a comment and favorite! Also, no one is sending questions or anything and so I think I'm just gonna give up on that but hey, who cares! Anyway, bye, I hope this chapter wasn't so cringey that you have decided to stop reading the book, because that would be very sad. Ok, good day/night all my beautiful readers, and I hope to see you again very soon!