The 24th Annual Hunger Games

Reaped is Scary

"Leena Schore," Penetra announced.

People searched around for me, but I just stayed buried in the crowd. Then my friend glanced at me and I glared at her. That just gave that I am Leena Schore away... People looked at me with pity faces. I made a shaky sigh and approached the stage. I grimaced and a tear traveled down my cheek. Penetra sighed, but then smiled.

"How old are you Leena?" She asked me.

"17 years old," I replied with tears flooding in my eyes.

"Now for the gentlemen," Penetra said, her voice booming from the microphone.

She dipped her hand into the bowl and pulled out a small slip. She pursed her lips and straightened her back.

"Winter Collins," she told the crowd.

Boys legs shook, but there was only one boy with the face of terror on it. Winter was tall and looked strong. He obviously hid his muscles probably because he was scared he would put a bad impression for the Careers as a threat. He had spikey dirty blonde hair with deep blue eyes. He wore pressed pants and a blue plaid shirt.

(Authors Note: That might not make sense so let me explain... -.- If he acts all big and strong the careers will think he is a show off and chop his head off :D!!! I hope that helped make sense lol...)

"Now, how old are you Winter?" Penetra asked him.

"I am 17 years old," he replied.

Penetra made a fake smile and said, "The tributes from district 9 to represent the 24th Annual Hunger Games!" Penetra said. "Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favor!"

People raised three fingers to represent hope then I was taken away by the peacekeepers. They threw me into a room and in that room people could come and say goodbye to me until I... die... I sat in the comfy couch they placed on the side for me and through the glass wall I saw people pour in to say goodbye to Winter.

I waited for one of my family members to come and assure me I will be alright but no one came... The hour ended and we were thrown into the train and drove away.

Penetra placed me next to Winter, which was a little awkward to me because somehow I am attracted to him... I have to know his strengths and weaknesses. Then Winter buried his arm into his shirt and pulled out a locket. My eyes gasped in horror. That locket kills me everyday I see a locket like that...

I remember! I do know Winter! We were in the 7th grade together. And that's when our feud began...

Well in spring time, a Spring Formal was coming up and I have to say, I was a little dorky... But anyway! I asked him to the dance and he said yes. But once I arrived late because he didn't pick me up and stood me up I saw him MAKING OUT with my BEST FRIEND. I glared at Winter and immediately recognized the locket... He gave it to me before the dance.

He said it marked our relationship with each other and once I saw him practically throwing himself on her I ripped the locket off my neck and threw it at him... I know ALL of his weaknesses and strengths. And in the games I am gonna make sure-

"Okay you two! No one has won in District 9 yet so you are gonna have to practice by yourself," Penetra said, interrupting my thoughts.

Winter glanced at me and said, "Hey Leena-Pop." My eyes grew with rage and fury and next thing I knew blood was all over the fancy place mats and on my hand. He grit his teeth and clutched his knuckles and sighed. Penetra rushed towards him and started wiping the blood off his face. She scowled me and continued to wipe down Winter.

Then the train made a big BOOM! I shook in my seat and rushed over to the big window. We, are, here... I gave Winter one more look and maybe I could win these games... Hehe...

The peacekeepers started pushing me out the train and the sun's rays beamed down at my face and a fresh wind blew my dark brown hair back. My mouth quivered with all these people staring at me. Some boys even winked at me once or twice, but the ladies fell head over heels for Winter.

He had his big white smile and he started to show off his muscles. I wanted to get some attention too so I flexed my arms, and all I got were pathetic laughs. I was very embarrassed so I just smiled and flipped my hair once in a while. But the fame is just to cover up that I am gonna die and people will laugh and say, "Isn't that the girl who flexed her arms when she tried to show off her muscles?" "Yes! But she has none!" Once we entered the building I started breathing harder and harder.

I am 2 weeks away from my death. Screw the freakin Capitol! I just wish I could go home and cry in my moms lap. Then a felt a heavy weight press against my body and when I looked at what was on top of me.... I screamed...

~~~~~~

Hey guys!!

This isn't a chapter it's the intro

I had to do some quiet editing but I got it lol YAY :D!!!!

Okay bye!!!

toot XD