Chapter 1 - The Past

Chapter 1

The Past

I screamed at the top of my lungs. A boy fell on top of me. But this was no ordinary boy... It was the District 1 boy... He growled at me, then slapped my face. Tears rolled down my cheek and he grunted. I think I recall his name was Trent Dawner. I turned my head towards his face and scowled me.

"Watch the faces you make, dog," he barked, digging his nails into my stomach.

He got up and kicked me. He laughed and walked to his room. I breathed hard and everything seemed fuzzy. Penetra rushed towards me obviously not seeing what he just did. When I struggled to push myself up blood dripped down from my mouth. I am not even in the games yet and I am dying...

"Oh sweetheart! No fighting yet! That's what the games are for," Penetra chuckled.

I made a weak smile. Then we took the elevator to the our floor. I closed my eyes and took in a deep breathe. Once I opened my eyes a girl with long curly hair was all up in my face smiling. I jumped in my spot and yelped a little. Winter laughed and I scowled him. The girl giggled.

"Hi, I am Destiny, the District 1 female tribute," she said all perky.

I blushed and forced a smile. Most career tributes treat us lower Districts like we are slaves. She actually looked like she was eager to meet me and be.... Partners? She tilted her head and waved her hand in my face.

"HELLO, ARE YOU THERE?" She asked squinting into my eyes.

"Oh, um, yea... Hi," I stammered.

"Okay good! And you are..." Destiny said waiting for me to reply.

"Um, I am Leena..."

Then I saw her bite her lip and her eyes teared up. Then she scrunched her nose and bursted into laughter. She laughed so hard she fell on the floor. I think she saw me flex my arms... Luckily we were at the 9th floor already. So I just stepped over her and rushed towards the room.

When I walked in my mouth dropped. It was gorgeous... It was just so beautiful to describe... I started walking forwards towards the kitchen which was HUGE. I explored the entire place and then... I found my room!!!! It was bigger than my whole house!! My bed had pure white sheets and and a bathroom and everything!! Then I noticed my TV was on. I sat criss cross on my bed and stared at the TV.

It was the 20th Annual Hunger Games. Then the Hunger Games was still pretty new and I observed as District 1 girl continues to shoot arrows at District 4 boy. He holds 9 small tridents in his hands. He quickly dipped the tips into a poison puddle and he started throwing them at the District 1 girl.

I think they said her name was Kier. Sounds like a boy name and almost like killer... The boy for 4 (who's name I think is Porphen) threw the first trident. It cut Kier's arm a small bit and she screamed at the top of her lungs. She slammed her back behind a tree and Porphen started running to her tree.

He took his trident and stabbed her right in the chest. She screeched at the top of her lungs. But before she collapsed she took one of her arrows and stabbed it in his stomach. She lay down dying with tears pouring out of her eyes with the trident in her chest. Porphen also looked very hurt.

Then as he knew he was about to die, a cannon boomed. Before he died a hovercraft quickly scooped him up and he was saved. Then with my mouth open Penetra walked in. She raised and eyebrow and glanced at what I was looking at. She grinned.

"I remember that day... I was with Terrance and Thalia."

I slowly glanced at Penetra.

"Tell me about them."

"Um, okay... Well Thalia was strong and brave. She ranked 4th place until she was executed by a girl from 2... Terrance absolutely saw Thalia dying by showing off her bravery so he stayed as far away from her than ever. Terrance was also killed by that girl but before Thalia. He ranked 8th because he just focused on surviving and not killing. He would hide and then the girl from 2 found him and stabbed him to death," Penetra explained to me.

Knowing the history of The Hunger Games is strange...

I changed the channel to another finale. I glanced at Penetra and said, "Are there any people from 9 in the finale?" Yes I am from District 9!!! At least I am not in a lower district like 11 or 12!!!!

Penetra nodded and walked in her high heels to the TV. She changed the channel and two girls were choking each other rolling down a hill. One was from 9 and the other from 4. District 4 girls name was Renay and 9's was Emma. Emma had a knife in her hands trying to stab Renay but since they were rolling down a hill she couldn't hit her.

Renay tried to choke Emma because you could see her bow and arrow at the top of the hill. I rewind and I saw Emma tackle Renay and then they started to roll down the hill. Then Emma finally stabbed Renay but only a little on her cheek. Then Emma got an idea and tried to slit Renay.

When Emma tried to slit Renay, Renay grabbed the knife and kicked Emma off her. She pinned Emma down and sighed. Emma struggled to get up, but before she could all you heard was a cannon boom. The knife was all bloody and it was half-way through Emma's cheek. I started growling and got onto my feet on the bed.

"WHAT!?!?!?! RENAY WON?!?!? EMMA SHOULD HAVE!!!!" I yelled.

Penetra glared at me. I blushed and sat down on my bed.

She sighed and said, "Get ready. Tomorrow is a big day."