Chapter 8 - Coo-Coo Bird

Chapter 8

Coo-Coo Bird

"What took you so long!" Destiny squeaked.

Sage and I panted as we collapsed to the floor. I smiled at Sage and he smiled back at me. He bent over and gave me a kiss. I blushed and kissed him back. Destiny rolled her eyes and gripped onto my hand. She yanked me up and dragged me deep into the cornucopia.

"Look we have a problem..." Destiny mumbled.

"What?" I asked my voice shaky.

"Well, when you were chasing that boy with Sage, a mutt came out and attacked us. It jumped on Trent and he hit his head real hard on the ground. He survived, but he is sort of.. nuts," Destiny explained.

I raised my eyebrows and observed him. He was in a ball, cradling himself back and forth talking to himself.

"Where is the mutt?" I asked looking around.

Destiny pointed to a tree and a large wolf creature lying next to it.

"It's poisonous so we can't eat it. Anyway, I am worried about Trent, Destiny whimpered.

"It's fine," I assured her.

She sighed and grinned. I patted her on the back and then we went to sleep. All night I heard Trent mumbling and laughing to himself. Then I felt a horrible pain in my arm. I screamed and opened my eyes.

I saw Trent holding one of my knives in my arms I kicked him off me then I yanked the knife out of my arm. I screamed again and then I saw him walk towards Destiny. I slowly got up and tackled him.

"Don't touch her!" I screamed punching him in the face a million times.

I hopped on his back and pulled his hair and did everything I could while hurt as I was. Then Sage woke up and saw me. He then charged towards Trent and pinned him down. I rolled on the floor and almost banging my head on the cornucopia.

Is struggled to get up and then I rushed over to Destiny. I nudged her until she opened her eyes.

"Destiny we have to go," I sobbed bawling my eyes out.

"What's going on..." she asked sleepily.

I pointed towards Trent as he was trying to stab Sage. Destiny's eyes lit up and she screamed. Then she looked at the cut he gave me. She started crying too and I had to drag her up.

We ran as fast as we could out if the cornucopia.

"Wait," I paused, "What about Sage?"

My heart stopped and I immediately turned around. Then Destiny gripped onto my hand. I turned and looked at her. She shook her head no and mouthed 'We have to go.' he tears kept flying out of my eyes and we had to keep running.

I heard a cannon boom and I broke down into tears. I stopped walking and got on my knees. I sobbed and sobbed and I couldn't stop. Destiny tugged my arm but I wouldn't move.

"Sage..." I cried. "SAGE!"

Destiny got on her knees and whispered in my ears, "We HAVE to go, now. Or else he will kill us."

I wiped the tears out of my eyes and got up. I wobbled around and then began to run. I didn't know where I was going. Next thing I knew, I slammed into someone. It wasn't Destiny.

It was some... girl...

~~~~~

I haven't edited this yet I just really wanted to publish it lol

Enjoy :D