Chapter 9 - The Tag Along

Chapter 9

The Tag Along

In front of me I spotted a young girl, about 14 or so, and her face filled with fear. She was cut and bruised and hurt and her face was filthy. Her eyes over flowing with tears. She got on the ground and cried. Just cried...

"Please, please, please! Don't kill me, please!" she sobbed.

Destiny put a smirk on her face. She nudged me and showed me that she was able to get some of the weapons. I still had my backpack on. I had 6 knifes left and Destiny had her backpack with my spear, her axe, and the now with arrows.

She held the spear tightly and was about to kill the girl. I quickly grabbed the spear before it went through her. I yanked it out of Destiny's hands.

"Hey!" she yelled.

"We can't kill her. She looks useful," I said.

"Leena, like I said before each time we get a chance to kill someone we should. And you know why?" She asked a little annoyed.

"I know why, Destiny!" I snapped.

Destiny rolled her eyes and studied the girl. I think I recall her name was Stassi, from 12. She was skinny with a dark chocolate brown hair. She had big deer eyes that were a hazel color. I nudged Destiny and tilted my head towards her. I tried to get my mind off the pain, but right now I couldn't hold it in much longer. I started crying along with Stassi and Destiny started mumbling aggravated. Then I remembered something.

I had medicine in my backpack. I slowly tore it open and applied the medicine to my arm. I bit my lip holding back my scream then looked at the girl. She had a cut starting from her arm down to her wrist. I also put some medicine on her too. Then she stopped crying. She looked up at me and pushed her hair out of her face.

"You aren't going to... Kill me?" She asked shaking.

I took in a deep breathe and smiled at her. I grabbed her hand and hoisted her up. She screamed very loud and Destiny immediately tackled her. She pinned her to the ground and covered her mouth. My eyes lit up and I was pushing Destiny off her. I started screaming too but the loudest out of all of us was Stassi. It wasn't because of her arm.

She wasn't looking at us. She was looking at something behind us. Destiny looked back first and she screamed. Then I turned around to see the boy from 6 with a big fat sword in his hands. His swung it at me but I dodged it. I took my first knife and launched it at his stomach. He had also dodged it but now he was angry.

He took his sword and was trying to cut off Destiny's head. She screeched and screamed for her life and got cut on her cheek. I was able to get up and I grabbed Stassi's hand.

"Destiny!" I yelled. I grabbed one more knife and launched it towards the boy.

Luckily I hit him, but I was too late... Right after I had hit the boy, Destiny had been sliced right in her chest. I broke down on my knees and tears splashed down my face. I felt like I could trust Destiny back as she trusted me... She saved my life and I let her die... Then Stassi started tugging me forwards.

"Come on," she said eager to leave.

I sniffed my sniffles and ran with Stassi. I lose one of the closest people to me and then I am stuck with the tag along...

We found a tree to sleep on and we climbed to the top. I covered Stassi with the blanket I had in my backpack and as we were falling asleep. I heard a boom. Then another. The anthem was playing. All the fallen tributes. This was it... If Sage survived or Trent...

First it was Destiny, from District 1 then the next fallen tribute was...

~~~~~~~

Tell me who YOU THINK the fallen tribute was :D

Love ya!!!