Chapter 3 - Meet The Tributes

Chapter 3

Meet The Tributes

****

Penetra dragged me into the elevator. I glanced in the mirror and noticed my hair was up in a flower bun (in the cover that's what she looks like). The elevator kept going down until we reached a black room with tons of weapons, obstacles, practice dummies, and other things. There was a game maker waiting to check in all of the tributes and once I showed up she looked up from the clipboard.

"Welcome tributes. You all probably don't know each other so I will introduce you to each other," she began, "District 1 tributes are Destiny and Trent. District 2 tributes are Roge and Sage..."

After the District 2 I sort of got tuned out... But when I heard my name I was super embarrassed.

"Leena Schore," she said.

"Huh?" I blinked.

Everybody chuckled and I just blushed... When the lady explained all the rules we had to train at different stations. She told us to pick a weapon and try to see which one of them we used best. First I picked up the bow. I slit a arrow next to the bow and when I shot it I might have hit the roof...

The bow is not my weapon. So I picked up a sword and fell to my knees. The sword was WAY too heavy for me. So I picked up a knife. I walked towards a practice dummy and stabbed it straight in the heart and chopped it up. I cut of its head, slit it's cheek, opened up the stomach and all the stuffing came out.

My pulse kept getting faster and faster by the moment. I noticed the careers staring at me. I blushed and dropped the knife and walked over to the surviving station. You have to try and learn how to make a fire and collect wood and food. Once I finished all of my training I started to walk towards the elevator.

Then someone pressed their hand on my shoulder and I gasped and jumped up a little. I turned around to see Trent, Destiny, Roge and Sage. I stared blankly at them and blushed. Trent looked at the ceiling then kicked at the floor. Destiny nudged at him and he growled at her.

"Say it!!" She barked.

"I am! I am!" Trent exclaimed. "Look... I am sorry for when I... You know fell on you and all that stuff... And I just wanted to say I'm...."

Roge growled and kicked Trent's shins. He glared at her and started to mumble.

"I am sorry..." He said at last.

I blushed and smiled not saying anything at all. I bet I look like a complete idiot just standing here, but no way was I going to forgive him for what he did and said.

"And," Sage continued.

Trent sighed and said, "If you DO actually survive the bloodbath, join us in the cornucopia..."

"She will survive, Trent!" Destiny howled scolding him.

I smiled and nodded. This was very exciting!! Maybe I am the first District 9 tribute to join with the careers! Well maybe not... Maybe Emma was with them and they just died I guess... Or maybe she just survived on her own. I don't know, but all I really know is that I HAVE to survive the bloodbath. That's the only way I might actually survive these games....

*******

The tributes names were now playing on the TV and everyone gathered to watch it. Winter sat right next to me and I shifted over a bit. I studied the TV screens no waited patiently for the tribute slide show to begin. The tributes I remember were:

District 1: Destiny and Trent

District 2: Roge and Sage

District 3: Beatrice and Kevin

District 4: Kacey and Luke

District 5: Thalia and Percy

District 6: Katharina and Louis

District 7: Renay and Ross

District 8: Miranda and Ryan

District 12: Stassi and Jax

I almost remember everybody but I missed 10 and 11. When the program ended I realized I was the only one watching. Everybody else left. I laughed at myself then went to my room. Tomorrow is a big day... Scores. But when I opened my door the only thing I could do is scream.