Chapter 7 - Revenge Tastes Sweet-er Than Blood

Chapter 7

Revenge Tastes Sweet-er Than Blood

"I guess, I am."

Destiny pointed her arrow and rapidlyswung it back and forth looking for thatperson. All we heard were ruffles and clicks.

"I will follow it," I said.

Destiny nodded. "Sage, go with her."

He nodded and we started following the noise. Then I saw a boy that looked about my age walk into a cave. Sage and I followed him and inside the cave was the boy and... Winter.

I winced and gritted my teeth really hard.

"Is your face okay?" Sage asked observing it.

I nodded and admired his perfect brown hair and beautiful full perfect lips... No! Stop! Your not liking anyone during the hunger games!

"Did you kill her or not? I heard a cannon," Winter said.

"No, a career got in my way and I shot her," the boy stammered.

"Jax, you are such an idiot!" Winter barked.

"You need me. Without me you would be dead by now." Winter rubbed his arm then sighed.

"So Winter needs this Jax kid, huh?" I mumbled to myself.

Sage glanced at me and smiled.

"You look beautiful when your intimidated," Sage flirted.

I blushed and smiled at him.

"I hate Winter. And if he needs this Jax fella he will die..." I figured out in my head.

"So, we kill em both?" Sage asked with a smirk on his face.

"No, no... I want to give Winter a slow, yet painful death... First let me weaken him..."

Then I spotted a large leaf to my side. I bent over and stabbed words into it. Then I stuck the leaf with the knife and aimed Jax.

He stood perfectly still then I drew my knife back. Sage smiled eagerly then I let it fly. It was jabbed right in his back deep in it and Winter screamed.

Jax collapsed to the floor dead and lifeless. Winter stood there screaming.

I walked into the cave and picked up the knife. I left the leaf there for him then I ran out with Sage. He gave me

A high five and we ran back to the cornucopia.

I licked the blood off the knife. It was bitter and thick. Revenge did taste better than blood - it was sweeter...