Chapter 10 - Dreams Do Come True

Chapter 10

Dreams Do Come True

(If you haven't already figured out what this chapter is going to be about then that's sad lol. Enjoy;))

First it was Destiny then Trent. I laughed and cried at the same time. Stassi looked at me and sighed. Then we continued to watch the fallen. The female tributes were. From 1, 2, 5, 7 and 11. The fallen male tributes were 1, 4, 6, 8 and 12. I looked at Stassi.

"Who was your partner?" I asked trying to get our heads off the subject.

"My, uh, brother..." She stammered.

I immediately felt so bad for asking. I hugged her and gripped onto her hands. I have them a nice tight squeeze. She smiled at me then went back into a deep frown. I scratched my head. And then I noticed a giant bump on my leg. I jumped and yelped a little. Stassi quickly scooted towards the edge of the tree.

"Eww!" She squealed.

Then her face started to puff up. There was a big fat bug on it and flew away after her cheek puffed up. She screamed and felt the bump. My leg felt like it was burning. I looked at my bump. It was blood red and very big. I screamed and jumped down from the tree. Puffers... They are like Mosquitos but only they have worse side effects.

First the spot they got you in puffs up and burns. It burns that piece of skin off. Then it starts to spread. And then he sinks down...

Stassi and I tried running from the hive. I felt another burn on my arm. I screamed and then turned around to take Stassi with me to a pond. When I turned around she was on the floor screaming. There were bugs all over her. I started to run towards her but then I saw a Puffer sting her in the heart.

Then the screaming stopped. The crying stopped. The Puffers flew away and I wobbled towards her. Stassi had burn marks and bumps all over her. I started to cry not only because I had the burns which were killing me. Because I lost another I felt close to.

Then I heard a ruffling in the trees. I was too tired and hurt to fight with anyone. I lied down on Stassi's lifeless body then heard a cannon. She was now really gone...

Then I felt a hard punch on my back and I screamed as I fell to the floor. Then a glanced up and saw Sage. His face was pale and he was really hurt. His hair was dirty and messy. He kneeled down and started hugging me.

"I thought you were someone else!" He cried.

He sniffed and stuttered, "Is okay. I would have done the same."

He smiled and gave me a nice big tight hug.

"I thought I lost you," I started to sob.

"Shh, shhh, shhh. It's okay, it's okay. Your okay..." he said trying to comfort me.

At least now I know I am safe.. With Sage. I love him.. I didn't tell him, because I don't think I am ready to tell him.. The prince part of this dream came true. What about the happily ever after?