Chapter 4

Okay so a lot happens in this chapter and it jumps around a lot, so don't say you haven't been warned. I mean it is 7,453 words

"So-" Sam chuckled. "What's with this job?" he asked. Libby sat in the backseat of the Impala, Sam's phone in her grasp as she scrolled through a list of different games.

"Dude suffers a head-on collision in a parked car? I'd say that's worth checking out," Dean replied.

"Yeah, definitely, uh, but, uh, we got bigger problems, don't you think?" Libby looked up, eyeing Sam. He was definitely talking about her and Lucifer bringing the Apocalypse.

"I'm sure the apocalypse'll still be there when we get back," Dean told him. Libby sighed. She didn't want the Apocalypse to be there when they got back from the case. She wanted it gone with Lucifer thrown back into his Cage. The only problem with that thought was that Libby didn't know if she'd be thrown back in Hell with her father, or left on Earth with Sam and Dean. And after the Apocalypse, would they keep her around or abandon her?

"Right, yeah, but I mean, if—if the Colt is really out there somewhere--"

"Hey, we've been looking for three weeks, we got bupkis," Dean interrupted, clearly wanting to drop the subject. Sam nodded slowly.

"Okay. But Dean...I mean, if we're gonna—ice the Devil—"

"This is what we're doing!" Dean yelled. "Okay? End of discussion." Sam looked out the window and sighed, Libby staring at the men through the rearview mirror. There was a long pause before Dean started to speak again. Libby knew not to say anything that could cause another fight. After Sam had run off for a bit, it left her and Dean alone. It was a hard time for both of them, the two being complete opposites. "It's just that this is our first real case, back at it together. You know, I, I think we oughta ease into it, put the training wheels back on." Sam raised his eyebrows, nodding, offended.

"So you think I need training wheels."

"No, 'we'. 'We' need training wheels, you and me. As a team." Libby cleared her throat, signaling that she was still the car. "And Libby," Dean added. Libby felt a smile sneak its way onto her lips, happy about being included. "Okay?" Sam nodded.

"Okay." Dean glanced over at Sam, realizing how hard it was for Sam to talk about it. Libby didn't know what went on in the past few years with Sam. Every time she tried to pry it out of Dean he'd change the subject. Libby ended up just dropping the subject, but she knew it couldn't be good if it led him to killing Lilith and freeing Lucifer.

"Man, I really want this to be a fresh start, you know? For the both of us." They exchanged glances, Sam nodding again before his gaze traveled to Libby in the rearview mirror. "How you doing back there, Clifford?" Dean asked, glancing at the redhead in the rearview mirror. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"What's a Clifford?" Libby questioned. Sam nudged his brother, shaking his head. Dean cleared his throat.

"It's a cartoon dog. He's big and red." Libby raised an eyebrow.

"Are you calling me fat?" Dean's eyes widened. In the past he's learned what implying a girl to be big will do. They get angry and then it doesn't end well from there. He guessed that it was worse with a mix between an angel, archangel, and demon. Dean shook his head.

"No. Of course not. In fact, you could put on a few pounds if you want to fight." Sam rolled his eyes. Dean was just digging himself a deeper hole.

"And I'm not fine the way I am? Last I checked, God made me this body and He doesn't make mistakes." She leaned back in her seat, sighing. "At least He didn't before," she muttered. Dean nodded his head to the side.