Chapter 9

Libby waited in the car for Sam and Dean, checking the time on her phone. "They should be here by now," she muttered. Suddenly a wave of dizziness hit Libby, the girl slouching over in her seat. "What?" she whispered. Libby pushed open the door to the Impala, stumbling out of it and over to the trunk. "Sword," she muttered. "I-I need the sword." She managed to pick the lock to the trunk, opening it just as she fell on the car. Her gaze drifted to the box containing her sword and she ran her fingers along it slowly, watching the Enochian symbols glow brightly.

"Libby?" Dean asked.

"Libby!" Sam yelled, the brothers running over to the girl. The feeling of exhaustion rushed over her and she slumped down to the ground. "Libby, what's going on?" Sam asked, crouching down to her level.

"Power," she whispered. He stared at her in confusion.

"Wh-what?" She gulped, trying to stay awake.

"Power. S-sword. I need it," she managed to say. Dean lifted the lid of the box up the rest of the way, grabbing the sword and handing it to Libby. Just as she clutched the hilt, a bright light surrounded her, Sam and Dean shielding their eyes. Libby felt some of the energy in her restore, but most of the fatigue was still there. Her grip on her sword tightened.

"What happened?" Sam asked her, helping her up off of the ground.

"I think that if I'm away for too long then I lose my power," she started to explain. Libby stumbled, Sam catching her. He slid the sword in its sheath, tightening it around her waist over her nurse scrubs. "It's the source of my power." Her words were slurred, almost as if she were drunk. Sam and Dean exchanged wide eyed glances before Sam picked her up and slid her in the backseat of the Impala, getting in next to her.

"And if you don't have it?" Sam asked her as Dean started to drive. Libby tilted her head up, staring at Sam's face.

"You have pretty eyes," she whispered, smiling slightly. Dean stared at her in confusion in the rearview mirror.

"Libby, what happens if you're away from the sword for too long."

"Oh. Uhm, I die," she said as if it were nothing. "But that shouldn't happen. Not as long as we gank my dad. We're gonna do that, right?" Sam sighed, pushing a few strands of her hair out of her face. She smiled up at the younger Winchester.

"Yeah. Yeah, we'll get him. I promise," Sam told her. It was an empty promise. Anyone could tell you that. But Libby believed it. No one knows if it's because of the delusional state she was in or if it was how gullible she was when it came to the Winchester brothers, but she believed she could defeat her father.

"Hey, Sam?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you." He stared at Libby. "For taking me in. For defending me whenever Dean wanted to kill me or just leave me on the side of the highway." She chuckled. "I wanted to kill you and now..." Libby trailed off, struggling to keep her eyes open.

"Now what?" Sam questioned, curious as to what she'd say.

"What?" Libby asked. Sam sighed, knowing that he wouldn't get an answer out of the girl.

"Nothing," he told her with a small smile. "Just sleep." She nodded and laid down further, resting her head in his lap. Dean and Sam exchanged glances in the mirror, Libby passing out as soon as her head hit Sam's thigh.

Libby woke up groggily, her neck stiff. She let out a groan as she sat up, still feeling a bit lightheaded. Sam lifted his head up, looking at the girl through squinted eyes. "I was wondering when you two would wake up," Dean commented, handing a coffee to Sam as he got in the Impala. Sam accepted it, not hesitating to take a sip.