Chapter 14

Watch The Road So Far because what's a season finale without it?

On April 21, 1967, the 100 millionth GM vehicle rolled off the line at the plant in Janesville – a blue two-door Caprice.

There was a big ceremony, speeches. The lieutenant governor even showed up. Three days later, another car rolled off that same line. No one gave two craps about her. But they should have, because this 1967 Chevrolet Impala would turn out to be the most important car – no, the most important object – in pretty much the whole universe.

She was first owned by Sal Moriarty, an alcoholic with two ex-wives and three blocked arteries. On weekends, he'd drive around giving Bibles to the poor "gettin' folks right for Judgment Day." That's what he said. Sam and Dean don't know any of this, but if they did, I bet they'd smile.

After Sal died, she ended up at Rainbow Motors, a used-car lot in Lawrence, where a young marine bought her on impulse. That is, after a little advice from a friend. I guess that's where this story begins.

And here's where it ends.

Libby pulled the car into Bobby's Junkyard, killing the engine. Nadia glanced out the window. "Where are we?" she questioned, never keeping her eyes on the same spot for more than a second. But Libby stared at the Impala with a smile.

There was Sam Winchester, drinking a beer, on the hood of the black 1967 Chevrolet Impala. Dean walked over, joining his younger brother on the hood of the car. He bent down and pulled a beer out of their old cooler, leaning against the Impala's side.

"Home," Libby replied. She opened the door and got out, Nadia copying her movements.

"I didn't realize you managed to make a home in less than a year," Nadia replied, following Libby towards the house. Libby shook her head.

"My home is more like a few people than a place. I may not be their home, but they're mine. They took me in despite my title. I was just an ally," Libby explained, stepping over a scrap piece of metal that was left stranded in the gravel. "But after months of hunting monsters with them, I found a home in them. They changed me." Nadia nodded in agreement.

"I've noticed. And here I thought it was just Hell."

"No. Hell didn't do anything to me. It was the Winchesters." Libby and Nadia fell silent as they continued to make their way towards the Impala instead of the house.

Dean glanced down at his beer, sighing. Sam looked over.

"Dean?" Sam asked. "What's going on?"

"I'm in," Dean said curtly. Sam looked at him in confusion.

"In with...?" he trailed off, not knowing what to think. Dean popped the cap off of his beer.

"The whole 'up with Satan' thing. I'm on board," Dean clarified. Sam sat up, staring at him in shock.

"You're gonna let me say yes?" Dean shook his head.

"No. That's the thing." Sam just stared at his brother, confused. As did Libby. She held out her hand in front of her mother, signaling Nadia to stop. Libby wanted to hear what was going on before she just barged in.

"It's not on me to let you do anything. You're a grown – well, overgrown – man. If this is what you want, I'll back your play. Besides, we owe it to Libby, right? Who knows what happened to her. Maybe Lucifer killed her, maybe some demon killed her. Hell, maybe she even sided with them. I don't know. But what I do know is that I shouldn't have acted like that to her. She was just helping," Dean explained.