Chapter 12

Five Weeks Later....

Inside of an old rundown motel in London, two Archangels inhabited a room. The walls had black mold creeping up from the baseboards and there were unidentifiable stains in the carpet. The A/C rattled with every pump of cold air and the redhead was just waiting for it to burst into flames. The only reason they picked this motel was because it was the cheapest they could get for a week without having to use a card.

"Gabriel, it's been weeks. I need to get back to Sam and Dean," Libby said as she walked out of the hotel bathroom, drying her hair with one of the towels. He looked up and sighed. "Please."

"Well, it's just your luck because they've gotten themselves into some trouble." Libby scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"What else is new? When do we leave?" Gabriel held his wrist up, staring at an invisible watch. The action earned a small chuckle from Libby and a shake of her head. That brought a grin to Gabriel's face.

"My offer still stands, Libby. We can be a family again." Her smile fell and she tossed the towel on the bathroom floor. His eyes locked on her as she crossed the room to her Sword, buckling the strap of the sheath around her waist.

"I think you ruined any chance of that after TV Land," she muttered, sliding the Sword of Elizabeth into the sheath. She let out a long sigh. "Besides, Sam and Dean need me. I have a feeling that this will come to an end very soon." Gabriel nodded once, knowing better than to argue with her at this point. He stood up from his chair and walked over to his niece who looked up at him with a slight frown.

"Just to let you know, where we're going they still think I'm the Pagan god Loki. Don't blow my cover?" Libby shook her head.

"No, of course not. I didn't in TV Land and I wouldn't now. Just—just take me to the Winchesters...please. As fun as crossing the world with you has been, it's not the same as it was when I was kid." Gabriel nodded and licked his lips. He scratched his chin in thought, staring at the floor awkwardly.

"Listen, I've known for awhile now, but now that I know you know, I wanted to say something." Libby cocked her head to the side slightly, confused as to what he was talking about. "You and Sam being soulmates comes with a big risk and a price. I know that he makes you happy and you feel safe around each other, but if he does say yes to your father then you can't argue with him on it." Libby nodded. She understood, and it was Sam's ultimate decision. "If this all works out the way you want it to, I think you two will be happy together. I know things didn't work out with the last one, but I hope things do this time. I approve." Libby smiled up at the Archangel. It wasn't forced like most of them had been lately. It was a real and genuine smile.

"Thank you, Gabriel. Really." He nodded to her. "I know that we've been on edge and fighting a lot lately, but I do value your opinions still. That hasn't changed." Libby sucked in a sharp breath and let it out, quickly changing the topic. "Now, are we going to go meet some of your friends, Loki?" she teased. Gabriel chuckled and nodded.

"Yes, we are. Oh, and you can meet a girlfriend, too," he added. Libby let out a laugh, looking up to him with raised eyebrows.

"And she put up with you? Man, she's definitely a keeper." Gabriel placed a hand on her shoulder, teleporting them to the hotel where Sam and Dean were staying at.

When she looked around she realized that Gabriel wasn't with her. Instead she saw Sam sitting in a chair across from her, a red-clothed table in between them. Sam jumped and looked up, his hazel eyes widening.

"Libby?" he asked. She nodded, brushing a strand of red hair out of her face. Her eyes skimmed the dining room to see Dean holding two plates of pie, weighing his options carefully. "Where the hell have you been?"