Chapter 10

Bacon, Libby thought, the first smell that entered her nose when she came to. She opened her eyes, pushing herself up in a sitting position and glancing around the motel room until her gaze landed on the styrofoam box filled with pancakes, bacon, sausage, and eggs. There was a glass of chocolate milk sitting next to it, still cold and waiting to be consumed.

Libby swung her legs over the bed and stood up, only to stumble and fall. Except she never fell. She was caught by Sam, wearing only jeans, and he helped her sit back down on the bed. "Woah. Take it easy," he told her. She nodded, clutching her head. "You want your food?" Libby nodded again. Sam turned and walked over to the table to get Libby's breakfast and she couldn't help but stare.

He's so...perfect. How did I not notice this part of him before? Libby thought to herself. You were pure and innocent. Lust never crossed your mind. Sam handed her the container and glass, Libby muttering a thanks. Sam nodded.

"How are you feeling?" Libby winced as the pain radiated throughout her body with every move.

"Still feel like Hell. I can talk now and I'm not as light headed," she said, biting off a piece of bacon. Sam frowned, sitting down on the bed next to her.

"Last night you said something in the car about you and Meg at that pub," Sam said, not lifting his gaze from the floor. "Something about her saving you from a man that was gonna rape you." Libby stopped chewing, glancing over at Sam. "Is that true?" She sighed and nodded.

"Um, yeah. I don't know why but I went in that alley. I went to leave and he wouldn't let me go. I couldn't fight him off and I don't know why. Then it was just Meg to the rescue. I wish she hadn't come, though. Now I owe her and I don't want to," Libby explained.

"You don't owe Meg anything, Libby. She's gone after you how many times now?"

"Lost count."

"Exactly. Look, just give it time. If your sword gives you more power then we just wait for the demon blood to leave your system and then the sword will make you stronger. Then we can gank Lucifer, alright?" Libby nodded mutely, sitting with her legs crossed Indian style. She set the box of food on the nightstand next to her glass, suddenly not hungry anymore. "What's wrong?"

"I'm not living up to my standards. No wonder why they banished me to Hell. I can't even protect myself against some stupid human. How was I supposed to protect my whole village?" Libby asked, letting her head fall in her hands.

"Libby, stop-"

"No, Sam, I'm serious! I was so focused on being good that I didn't realize that it was just setting me up for the opposite of what I had planned. What God had planned. Because I didn't do anything wrong everyone just automatically assumed I was going to snap. And I have! I'm killing demons, I'm hunting monsters! I'm hunting my own father, Sam. That's not normal or good," Libby ranted. A single tear slipped down her cheek.

"Libby, I think that title that was thrown to you is complete bullshit. It's something to scare you not to follow in your father's footsteps. We're gonna take down Lucifer and you're going to be the one to do it. You want your revenge on God for abandoning you?" Libby nodded. "Taking down one of his sons, even one he banished to Hell, will get to him. I can promise you that. Show him who you really are." Libby raised an eyebrow.

"A killer?" she guessed. Sam rolled his eyes, shaking his head.

"No. A hunter." A grin spread across Libby's face. She had worked hard to try and earn the title, and finally earning it meant the world to her. "You're a hunter and despite your angel abilities and family tree, you're also human. Yeah, sure, you're the ultimate hybrid, but you have a human soul and a human body. Show him how powerful we really are," Sam explained, nudging Libby's arm a bit. She smiled to herself, staring at the sheets.