Chapter 8

"Look, Doctor, I-I-I think the doc was in over his head with this one." Dean pointed at Sam. "'Cause my brother is..." Dean made a crazy sign, circling his finger at the side of his head while letting out a whistle. The doctor, Dr. Fuller, raised his hand to stop Dean.

"Okay, file, thank you. That's-that's really not necessary." Libby watched as Dr. Fuller grabbed his clipboard and pen, focusing his attention on Sam. "Why don't you tell me how you're feeling, Alex?" Sam sighed.

"I'm fine. I mean, okay, a little depressed, I guess," Sam told him. Dr. Fuller continued to scribble notes on the paper.

"Okay. Any idea why?" he asked, never looking up. Sam glanced over at Dean and Libby before answering.

"Probably because I started the apocalypse," Sam said simply. Dr. Fuller looked up, confused.

"The apocalypse?" Dr. Fuller asked, unsure if he heard him correctly.

"Yeah, that's right." The doctor glanced over at Dean who smiled at him, before glancing back over at Sam.

"And you think you started it?"

"Well, yeah, I mean...I killed this demon, Lilith, and I accidentally freed Lucifer and his daughter, Libby-" Libby gave a small wave to Dr. Fuller. "From hell. So now, he's topside, and we're trying to stop him. Libby is helping us, though."

"I'm on humanity's side, no need to worry," Libby assured him. But her tone of voice told the doctor that she was just playing along for Sam's sake. Dr. Fuller looked over at Dean who just looked exasperated.

"Who is?"

"Me. A-and him." Sam pointed to his brother. "And Libby and this one angel," Sam told him. Dr. Fuller nodded.

"Oh, you mean, like a...like an angel on your shoulder," Dr. Fuller said, thinking he had it figured out. Libby shook her head.

"No. His name's Castiel. He wears a trench coat," she piped up. Dr. Fuller glanced back down at his clipboard.

"See what I mean, Doc? The kid's been beating himself up about this for months. The apocalypse wasn't his fault," Dean defended. Dr. Fuller looked back up, stunned at Dean's words.

"It's not?"

"No. There was this other demon, Ruby. She got him addicted to demon blood, and near the end, he was practically chugging this stuff," Dean replied as if it were nothing. Libby furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She hadn't heard about Ruby since the night she met the Winchesters. Sam looked down, ashamed. "My brother's not evil. He was just...high...yeah? So, could you fix him up so we can get back to traveling around the country and hunting monsters?" Dr. Fuller raised a finger, signaling for the trio to wait, before picking up his phone.

"Irma...cancel my lunch," he said. Dean patted Sam comfortingly on the arm, sending him a reassuring smile. Dr. Fuller glanced up at Libby. "And what's your take on this whole thing, Ms. Wilson?" he asked the redhead. She looked up from her book.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. It's really not their fault. I mean these boys have been through a lot in their lifetime. I think a little help might help them, yeah?" The doctor nodded. Libby's phone rang and she glanced down at it, her eyes widening. "Excuse me. I have to take this," she muttered, walking out of the office. "Hello?"

"A mental hospital? Really?" Meg's voice asked. Libby stared at the phone in confusion.

"Meg? How the heck did you get my number?"

"Phone books, sweetheart. They do exist. Anyways, I thought I'd check in to see if you've changed your mind." Libby shook her head.

"Uh, no. Still not stupid," Libby replied. Meg let out a disappointed sigh.