Chapter 5: Dove's

As Touka and I pulled away from each other. We stared into each others eyes, then she smiled.

"That was good. Would you believe that was my first? She said in a flirty way.

"Was it?" It was mine to, but I didn't want to tell her that yet.

"Yeah it was, you?"

"Yeah."

We both laughed. It felt good being honest with Touka. She to was also honest.

"Can I ask you a question?

Touka seemed to be still thinking kiss.

"Sure, anything."

"Was Rize the binge-eater the news had been talking about?

"Yeah, she was. She's the reason we got doves here in the twentieth ward."

(In this version of Tokyo, it is divided into wards. Which are basically cities)

"Wait, what are doves?"

I didn't think she meant literal doves.

She sighed,

"Doves are another name to call Ghoul investigators."

"Ghoul investigators?"

"Yeah, they are apart of the organization known as the C.C.G, Commission of Counter Ghoul."

"What do they do?

"Well as a Ghoul, mostly everything can't harm us. However, The C.C.G, developed weapons called quinques. They protect the city from Ghouls, since eating people isn't a very good thing here."

"Okay, so why are they here?"

"They're here because of Rize. Us Ghouls have a thing where we only eat what we need to survive, which is one person every month. Rize, was a binge-eater, she kept eating humans and that brought suspicion to the twentieth ward, and now The C.C.G called doves in to take care of the problem."

"Wow, that's some heavy stuff."

So Ghoul investigators are cops for Ghouls then.

"So they arrest Ghouls?"

Touka's face became serious.

"Doves kill Ghouls. That's how they make quinques. Quinques are made from a Ghouls Kagune. We get hunted down by them."

That some pretty serious stuff. Ghouls have to live with the thought of Doves everyday and trying to survive. That's why most Ghouls are either in their teens or twenties. Some Ghouls don't make it. I guess Mr. Yoshimura was a really strong to have survived this long.

Then she smiled again,

"But if I were to ever come cross a dove, I'd kill him before he'd get me. Come, let's continue with our date."

I nearly ruined the date by asking all this serious stuff about Rize and Ghoul investigators.

"Alright, let's go.

We finished our coffees and starting walking with each other side by side. We passed by a flower salesman, and I bought Touka some roses. She smiled and then Touka reached for my hand.

"I just want to see how it's like. I see human couples do this all the time, and I wonder how it felt like."

"Well, are you enjoying it?"

Her cheeks became red and smiled,

"It feels nice."

I didn't want to let go of her hand. I to enjoyed her holding my hand as well.