Chapter 24: The Mask Maker

Three weeks have passed since Touka and Kaneki were at the beach for their "vacation". They are now Anteiku, finishing off the day talking to Mr. Yoshimura.

"Did you need me for something Mr. Yoshimura?" I said curiously.

"Kaneki, please have a seat."

Wonder what he's gonna talk to me about?

"I know you've already became acquainted with the men called Doves, also known as Ghoul investigators, right?"

"Yeah, what does that have to do with anything? Wait, do they know about me!?"

"No, they don't know anything about you Kaneki. Your recent fight with the Doves, caused an investigation on who did it."

"Mr. Yoshimura, I'm really sorry if that messed up things for Anteiku!"

"It's not that Kaneki..."

Mr. Yoshimura looked around the cafe and spotted Touka.

"Excuse me Touka, have a minute?"

"Yes Mr. Yoshimura?" Touka said as she put the broom against the wall.

"I'm going to need you to take Kaneki to go see Uta."

"How come?"

"Please just do it Touka."

Touka sighed.

"Alright, I'll take him."

She faced my direction.

"You want to go right now?"

"Uh, sure why not?"

Touka and I finished cleaning up Anteiku and changed our clothes, so we can meet the person named Uta. Touka began walking and I followed her.

"So who's Uta?"

"You'll have wait and see."

After a long walk, we finally made it. We stood in front of building that was hiding behind another.

"Touka... this place looks shady."

Touka began to laugh.

"Come on Kaneki, don't be afraid."

As soon as she said that Touka grabbed my hand dragged me inside. Once we walked through the doors, we were in a room filled masks.

"What is this place?"

Touka and I began walking around the shop.

"Uta are you here?" Touka said trying to see if Uta was here.

"Maybe he's not here?"

I walked over to a table where there was something covered with a white sheet.

Wonder this is?

I took off the sheet and immediately jumped backwards.

"Boo."

The thing under the sheet was a person. I fell on the floor and saw the man get off the table.

Touka was laughing.

"Careful Uta, he doesn't like being scared." Touka said holding in her laughter.

Uta looks towards me.

"So, what are you guys here for?"

Touka walked over to me picked up.

"We need you to make a mask for Kaneki here." She said poking me in the face.