Chapter 25: Hinami

The next day, Touka and I had to work at Anteiku since Irimi and Koma, our two coworkers, were off for the day.

Touka walked around the cafe taking orders, while I was behind the counter making the coffee.

"Kaneki, gonna need you to make two coffee's with sugar and one without."

"Alright, got it."

As I was making coffee I looked out the window and it began to rain.

Well that came out of nowhere.

I got back to my task and once I made them, Touka served them and then she announced that we'd be closing soon.

Once everyone left the cafe, Touka and I gave each other a high five.

"You did great Kaneki! People really enjoyed your coffee!" Touka said as she hugged me.

"They did!"

She pulled away and told me rest. She sat down at one of the tables while I made us some coffee.

"We do a pretty good job just the two of us." I said carrying the coffee to the table.

"I know rig--"

Just before Touka could finish talking, the bell on the door ringed and two people were in the cafe, soaking wet from the rain outside. They were both women. The older woman look in her early thirties, while the one looked around thirteen.

Wait, I've seen this girl before... what was her name again? I think it was...

"Hinami! Ms. Ryouko! Kaneki go get some towels, quickly!" Touka said rushing towards the two.

I ran to the storage closet and got some towels. I came and gave them to Touka.

"Here's a towel for you."

"Thank you Touka."

I looked at Hinami, but she quickly hid behind her mother.

Something's different about her.

"Touka, where's Mr. Yoshimura?" The older woman named Ms. Ryouko said with a soft voice.

"He's just upstairs."

"Okay, thank you Touka. Come Hinami."

"Okay..." Hinami said softly.

She probably might be shy.

Both the older woman and Hinami went upstairs to go see Mr. Yoshimura.

I looked around to see if anyone was still in the cafe.

"So, they're both ghouls?"

"Kaneki, of course they're ghouls!"

"Okay, just making sure."

You didn't have to yell at me.

Touka let out a sigh.

"Alright, let's finish up here and then we'll head home."

I nodded in agreement and started to clean. Once we were finished, Touka and I began to walk home.

As soon we go there Touka walked over to the couch sat down immediately. I stood there just watching her as she turned on the TV.

Man, she's staring TV pretty hard.

It took her awhile to notice that I was staring at her.

"What?" She said with a smile on her face.

I chuckled and replied.

"So that's the first you do? Sit back, relax and stare at the TV?"

"Yeah, that's what some normal people do after a hard day of work."