Chapter 13: Survive

I began to go into the alley and followed the smell. The alley was like a maze, it felt like it would go in any direction. I kept my guard up, just in case something bad had happens.

The scent was getting closer and stronger. It smelled delicious. Then I began to think about my moms cooking. I felt that I needed to find out what this smell was.

I made a left turn, and I couldn't believe what I saw. In front were two men, one was laying on the ground. The other was kneeling beside him doing something. Then, I began to realize that the man kneeling beside him was doing. He wasn't a human. He was a Ghoul, and the man laying down was dead. The Ghoul was eating him, then he noticed me.

"That's weird... you only have one eye that's red."

There was a broken piece of glass nearby. I looked in to it and he was right, my Kagune activated by the sight of the corpse.

I dropped to my knees. It was a scary thing to watch. A Ghoul eating a human.

Then he spoke and he sounded irritated.

"Look, I don't like it when someone watches me eat. You better leave before I have to kil--"

Before he could finish his sentence. Another person had kicked him in the head so hard, he decapitated him.

I looked up at the man. He had orange hair and he wore glasses. He was tall and then I realized he was a Ghoul as well.

"This day just getting crappier by the second. Not only did I get fail my exam, but others Ghouls are in my territory!"

Then his focus went to me. He was filled with rage.

"That's freaking disgusting. You only have a one eye? Wait a second... you look familiar."

As he said that I began to feel like I remembered him as well. Then I knew who it was. His name was Nishiki. We had met at Anteiku once.

(Nishiki appeared in chapter 1)

"Now I remember... your that one kid that works at Anteiku. That's to bad, now I gotta kill you."

"What?" I said as fear began to fill my body.

"You entered my territory, and ate my humans. That's why I have to kill you. I also had real bad day, and I got to let out some anger."

I didn't know what to do. I've never fought another ghoul. The reason I'm still alive was because Rize had helped me with those Doves. Then I remembered something she said, "You will regret this...". She knew I would need her help one day, and this was the time, but she wasn't coming.

"I didn't eat anything!" I tried to plead with Nishiki.

"Your full of crap."

"I'm serious! I just got here!"

He clenched his fist.

"Let me give you a scenario. Let's say you went home after having a Real bad day. You walk into your house and you see your girlfriend naked on the ground, and a man with his pants down right next to her. He tells you, 'I didn't do anything, I just happened to be here'. Would you believe him?"

Both of his eyes turned black and his pupils red. My body began to shake. Nishiki began to walk up to me. I knew I could beat him by myself, but I also can't let Rize take control.

Then Nishiki grabbed me by the throat and push me against wall. He was choking me in the air. Then Nishiki looked disturbed.

"Why do you smell like a female Ghoul?"

That's surprised me, but before I could respond, he threw me up into the air and punched me in the stomach. I puked up blood. Then I realized that he his arm went right through me.

He pull his arm out and laughed.

"What the hell? Your body feels like Tofu." He laughed.

Then I tried punching him, but he dodged it.

"Nice try."

I swung multiple punches at him, but he either blocked them or countered them.

"You gotta be faster then that! I'll show you what a real punch is!"

He dodged my punch, and hit me in the face. I flew back about ten feet.

I could hear his laugh in front of me.

"Come on! Get up so I can kill you!"

Then I felt a touch on my back, and the person spoke.

"I give you just a little of my power. I can't let you die, it would just defeat the purpose of me turning you into the ghoul you need to be."

It was Rize. Her voice faded away and she let out a giggle as she left.

Then something happened. My body began to heal itself. Then my Kagune came out. This time I was in control. Nishikis' face changed and became more serious.

"I'll give you the fight you want!"

He grinned.

"Don't think since you're fighting with your Kagune now, you'll have a chance in beating me."

As he spoke, his Kagune activated. Nishikis Kagune looked liked mine, but his was blue.

Right here and now would be my first time fighting a Ghoul. I had to try my best to survive. Nishiki fixed his glasses and moved his out of the way.

"You better be good at fighting, or I'm gonna be more pissed."

Nishiki charged at me. By the time, I could blink, he was right in front of me.

"Are you surprised?" He let out a smirk.

He was fast. He swung for for my face, but luckily I dodged it.

"Not bad. I usually get them with that move. I think this is gonna be a good fight."

"Well, you better be ready, because your gonna lose." I said trying to act tough.

"Don't disappoint me."

We both were about ten feet away from each other. There was silence, and I could hear my heart racing.

I had to try best if I wanted to beat him.