Chapter 26: Another Date

I made back to the house and as usual, Touka leaves the door unlocked. I sighed and then opened the door.

Once I was inside, I scan the room and saw no sign of Touka.

"Touka?" I yelled and there was no response.

I walked and checked to see if she was the restroom.

Nope. Not in there.

I went to the living room and just sat down.

"Where could she have gone?" I said out loud.

But for some I felt like I was forgetting something.

There was something I usually do when I get off from work.

As soon as said that, the door was banged on from the outside.

"Kaneki!" A woman shouted.

I ran to the door and opened it. On the other side I saw an angry Touka.

"Where were you Touka?"

"Where was I?! Where were you?! We were supposed to walk home together you dummy!" Touka shouted as she stomped inside.

Crap, I forgot I was supposed to walk with her.

"Look Touka I'm sorry, it's just that busy helping Hinami with something and I just forgot about us walking home with each other."

"Wait!" She said as she turned around quickly.

"Did you just say Hinami?"

"Yeah... why?"

"Oh, then I guess it's alright. So what did you help her with?"

That was a sudden mood change.

"Well, I brought coffee to her room and she asked for some help reading a few in her book."

"Oh, that was nice of you."

Touka walked to couch and immediately turned on the TV and sat down.

"So, are you ready for tomorrow Touka?"

"What's happening tomorrow?" She said as she continued to click the buttons on the remote.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I stood and walk out of the room and headed to my bed.

"I'm just kidding Kaneki!" Touka shouted from the other room.

I heard footsteps run across the hall and the next thing I knew, Touka jumped on the bed right beside me.

Touka and I were face to face.

"Did you really think I would forget our special date?"

I smiled and kissed her on the forehead. I pulled away and saw that her face was extremely red.

Wait a second... it's almost been a month since we've had our vacation. And what happened DURING our vacation.

I began to think about how we both were on top of the bed and how that turned out on our vacation.

Should I try and go for it?

"So... what do you want to do now Touka?" I said with my cheeks burning.

Touka probably seem to know where I was going because not only was her face red, she also rolled off the bed.

I scooted over and looked over the bed.

"Are you okay?" I said laughing

She got immediately and looked at me still blushing.

"I'm alright! Th- that was just for fun!"

She seemed pretty embarrassed to the point where she decided to leave the room.

But as soon as she got to the door, she stopped and turned around.

"Baka..." she said so that I can barely hear.

And with that she headed back to the living room and continued to watch TV. I knew this because she increased the volume of the TV just so that I can hear.

"God, I love her." I chuckled.

I got up and decided to read my book for a little while. I walked over and picked a book off the shelf.

Egg of the Black goat... been a while since I've read this.

I went back and sat down on the bed. I made myself comfortable and began reading.

The next day.

I opened my eyes and stared at ceiling. Next to me, was the alarm clock going off. I reached out and push the button so that it could stop beeping.

Seems like I fell asleep when I was reading... I should probably get up now.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up straight. I look over and see Touka right beside me.

"She probably got over what happened yesterday." I said to myself.

After that, I made my way off the bed trying not to wake Touka. I thought the alarm clock would've done that but no, Touka loves her sleep.

I walk to the kitchen and prepared some coffee for Touka when she wakes up.

I look at the time to see when I need to start getting ready for work.

"I got about an hour."

I poured myself a cup and turned on the TV to check the weather report.

"Hope you all have an umbrella because for the next couple of days, rain will still continue pour."

I turned off the TV and drank my coffee.

"At least today's Friday." I said letting out a sigh.

As I drank my coffee, I heard footsteps coming from the bedroom.

"I smelled coffee and decided to wake up." Touka said as she walked to the kitchen.

"How did you sleep?" I said.

"Pretty well actually. Thanks for making extra coffee for me."

"No problem."

Touka walked over to me and kissed me on my cheek.

"What was that for?"

"It's for taking me out on a date," she said with smile on her face.

"So, you know what we're doing later?" Touka said curiously.

"Of course, and it will surprise you."

"Alrighty then, let me finish this coffee and then we can start getting ready for work."

"Sure thing."

After our talk, Touka walked to the bedroom, probably thinking about what we're going to do later.

Wait... have I even picked a place yet for our date?!

My sudden realization hit me like a bus. I searched my brain for places we could go on our date.

"Coffee shop? No... beach? Already did that..."

Crap, I need an idea! I need help... oh I know!

I immediately grabbed my phone and started texting.

Kaneki:
Come to Anteiku today! I need your help!

I stared at my phone waiting patiently for a response to arrive.

.
.
.
Hide:
On my way!