Chapter 21: Romance pt. 2

Touka stood there waiting for me take her hand. The wind was blowing in our direction, and that caused Touka's hair to move along with the wind.

Her eyes glistened as she looked at me. Touka became more beautiful when I saw both of her eyes. Since her hair covers her right eye.

I smiled back at her and took her hand.

"Finally. You were just sitting there looking at me you weirdo." Touka said laughing.

We both started to walk to the place where Touka wanted to take me.

"Where are you taking me?" I chuckled.

She looked at me and smiled.

"You just have to wait and see Kaneki."

Where could she be taking me?

We walked for another ten minutes until she stopped at the train station.

"Touka, why are we at a train station?"

"Well... we have to take the train to get to see the place I'm taking you."

I just stood there looking at Touka.

Okay, now I'm really curious. Where is she taking me?

Touka began to walk into the station until I stopped.

"Look, Touka... I want to know where we are going before I get on the train. So can you tell me?"

She turned around looked at me.

"Can't you just get on the train and trust me."

"Fine."

She smiled as if she won an argument. I continued to walk with Touka into the train. We both sat down on the seats and waited.

"Okay now I can tell you." Touka said full of excitement.

"Really? What is it?"

Touka waited for about ten seconds until she spoke,

"We are going to the beach!" She said with a smile.

There was silence for awhile.

"Well!? Aren't you excited?!"

I stared at Touka for awhile.

"Well... is that all? I mean it's good, but we aren't exactly wearing the right clothing to go to the beach Touka."

She began to laugh.

"What's so funny?"

"I brought some clothes for us. Gosh Kaneki you can be an idiot sometimes."

She said while grabbing two bags underneath the seat.

"Touka where did you get that?" I started to laugh.

"I was prepared for this date ahead of time. I got some bathing suits for us."

I looked to see what Touka bought me.

"This.. is what you'll be wearing." She said pulling out a blue tiny piece of clothing.

I recognized it immediately.

"Touka... why did you buy me a speedo!?"

Touka busted out with laughter.

"Touka it's not funny! I'm not gonna wear a speedo to the beach!"

"Of course you're not Kaneki! It's just a prank! You should've seen you're face!" Touka said unable to control her laughter.

"This is what I got you." She reached into the bag again.

I didn't know what to expect. Then Touka pulled out a T-shirt and shorts.

"Thank god."

Then I looked at the bag Touka had and assumed it was her bathing suit.

"So... you want to show me what's in that bag." I pointed at her bag.

She blushed.

"Uh... I'll show once we get there."

"Fine." I said a disappointing way.

We both waited until we got to the beach.

"So, you've been to the beach before?" Touka said.

"Yeah, but I was younger when I went."

"Well this time you'll be with me, oh look," Touka stood up because the train was stopping.

"Let's go Kaneki."

We both walked out of the train and headed for the beach.

"Wait, you said you prepared something's on this date, right?"

"Yup. And I got something for waiting there to."

"What did you set up?"

"Uh... I guess you could say it's something that you've probably wanted for awhile."

"Great, now that's another thing I'm curious about."

Touka laughed,

"Oh, just wait Kaneki."

We continued walking towards the beach for about another five minutes until we stopped for coffee. We sat down in the cafe while we waited for our drinks.

"Another cup of coffee Touka?"

"Well, I'm just drinking so my hunger calms down. You should get one to."

"You're right."

Touka and I waited for our drinks to come, so we both began talking.

"So what happened with your training with Yomo?"

"I went good, I guess. Most of the time I was getting thrown around, punched, and kicked."

"Oh my god, are you okay?"

"I mean, I'm okay now. But earlier I was in pain. At least I got a couple of punches in, but it didn't look like it hurt him even a little bit."

"Oh, he's like that. Just be glad he's giving you his time. Soon enough you'll be stronger. When's the next time you're going to train with him?"

"He said next week the same time. Next week we're gonna focus on how I'm gonna be able to control my Kagune. So I don't lose control like did before."

Touka and I talked for another ten minutes and decided we should head to the beach. The more we walked, there were less buildings. Soon enough there were no buildings around us. Along the way I was getting lost in thought.

What we are gonna do? What is Touka thinking?

"Kaneki?"

I snapped back out of it to see Touka snapping her fingers in my face.

"Were you even listening?"

"Sorry Touka, I wasn't paying attention. What did you want to say?"

"What I was saying was that the beach we're going to is a private one."

"Private?"

"Yes Kaneki, it's private beach. I rented a beach house."

"Why would you do th--... oh."

"Yup."

"So this house... it's the only one there?"

"Yeah it was kind of hard find."

"How long have you been planning this?"

Touka blushed.

"For about two weeks..."

"Two weeks?!"

As I said Touka's face brightened.

"Look, there it is!"

She pointed at a house that was at a beach.

"Come on let's go."

Before I could say anything Touka grabbed my hand and began to run towards the house.

Sorry if this chapter was a bit different than the other ones, but I hope you guys enjoy it.