First meeting

It was Monday when Marinette first introduced Chat Blanc to her friends.

"Oh my God, Marinette! He's so cute!" Alya gushed as she looked at her best friend's phone screen.

"I know right? Check this one." the pigtailed girl announced proudly, swiping the screen to a different image. "Isn't he a charmer with a bell collar?"

"Chat's so adorable!" Rose squealed. "And you got him so chubby in less than a day!"

She shrugged her shoulders. "He's quite a glutton, but I still love him ridiculously. Want to see a video clip?"

Everybody awed when the kitten pawed and stumbled himself around the blue yarn.

"Chat must be lucky to live in a bakery." Alix chuckled. "And I bet he'll be flabby in a few weeks tops."

"And cuddlier," Juleka added.

"And stinker." Chloe snorted as she passed the hallway. "That's Chat the Stray, right?"

"He's domesticated now." the brunette harrumphed, then glanced at her fuming friend. "Don't mind her, Marinette. I bet Chat might piss her designer pants once he sees her."

The mayor's daughter didn't like to lose the argument.

"You never know he might have cooties." the blondie snickered.

"Chat doesn't have cooties!"

The girls were too preoccupied defending Chat to notice a certain model standing in the doorway with an abashed face.

"Hey, dude. Are you okay?" Nino shook his best friend's shoulder. "You looked like you've swallowed a bag of needles."

"Ma - Marinette. Di - di - did she just confessed...that she's...with Chat..." Adrien gulped with beet-red cheeks. "And they - they're fat-shaming Chat...and if he has cooties...?"

This earned a crooked brow. "You haven't heard about Marinette's Chat?"

He hasn't.

But after he saw an image of a white ball of fluff, Adrien couldn't help but awed by it.

"You rescued him just two days ago?" the model beamed, seeing the girl in a different light again. "You're so amazing, Marinette!"

"I - I'm not amazing! You're amazing! I mean not that you're not amazing, but I - I'm not! And I - I'm..."

The boy simply chuckled at her flustered mess as she clutched her phone like a lifeline. It saddens him how they were friends for almost a year yet she would cower at his mere presence. Too bad his sheltered life didn't teach him how not to intimidate a girl.

He was about to ask her again but got interrupted when their teacher entered their room and began her roll call.

The topic was dropped until lunchtime.

"C'mon, let's eat at Mari's!" Alya announced as she dragged the two boys. "I can't wait to meet Chat Blanc - oh, don't worry Girl, we're not staying in your room."

"Bu-but Chat's not a - allowed inside the bakery." the pigtailed girl chewed her lower lip. "Pa - part of the a - agreement."

She informed them about the rules and regulations imposed by her parents in order for her to keep Chat Blanc, as well the required time period for her to train him properly. Say, potty training.

"I see." her friend massaged her temples then gave an exasperated sigh. "I bet your room was currently full of things you don't want us to see."

"Alya!"