Loyal knight

Ever since Chat Blanc was introduced to Marinette's life, the feline brought her nothing but changes.

In a good way, mostly.

While his Master was infamous for her tardiness since Day One, the cat somewhat committed himself to rouse her up on time regardless if she underwent strenuous Akuma battles or pulled an all-nighter project, much to Tikki's amusement.

May it be clawing her bedpost, pawing her duvet out, or climbing the walls then drop his butt directly to her drooling face, Chat Blanc would do everything to wake his Master out of her wits.

Even if the said Master only slept for less than an hour.

"It's amazing how you survived not being late for almost a month now, Marinette." the kwami cheered her enervated charger then flew towards the feline with a nose poke. "Thanks to you, buddy."

Chat Blanc mewled with delight.

"Shut up, Tikki." the pigtailed girl scowled, eyeing her pet that was swishing his tail happily for the job well done. "It's a good thing you're a cute kitty."

Said kitty purred when his Master knelt down to scratch his head with a sigh. Even with that rude awakening, he knew she couldn't stay mad at him.

Though Marinette swore he was doing it because he was hungry.

Another change for her was having a feline bodyguard whenever she leaves for school, one that would ward off any unfriendly bypassers and her childhood crush away.

"Chat is way stricter than your Maman's grandmother!" Tom chortled then told his daughter how the old lady barricaded Sabine's love life that almost led to an elopement.

In all honesty, her cat was way overprotective than her own parents.

But then, so was the Master to her pet.

The first time Chat Blanc was found by a school faculty, Marinette almost died with an aneurysm she had to go home immediately to lock the cat in her room throughout the day.

Unfortunately, Chat Blanc was slick enough to escape and find his way back to the campus' gates again.

She recruited her parent's aid once by asking them to cage him after she left for school, but the cat began to cry incessantly, scratching the wall post until someone would pity and release him from his confinement.

And per usual, he would rush towards the school gate again and wait for his Master's appearance.

"Chat wasn't hostile to anyone - well, except with Adrien I guess, but you get my point." Alya bemused at her dilemma. "Besides, he never steps his paws beyond the campus grounds or made any property damages for you to be summoned to Mr. Damocles' office."

A suspension was actually the least among her concerns.

"Your house is practically few meters away from our school, and all of the students here are quite familiar with your cat." her best friend went on. "Chat never cross the streets alone, so no need to worry about his safety."

"Chat can also defend himself from catnappers," Nino assured her. "And he's fierce. Look at how he treated my bro."

Said bro growled and punched his shoulder, earning him a loud yelp.

"I think your pet means no harm, Marinette." Adrien smiled then glanced at the grumpy feline. "He's just doing his job like a loyal Knight to his Lady."

She was inclined to agree.

.

.

.

.

"I think your cat is an asshole."

Ladybug gave her partner a dead stare. "Look who's talking."

"Excuse me, My Lady." Chat Noir gasped, slightly offended. "This cat doesn't jump on you with butt first. Unless it's your kink."

She whacked his head with her yo-yo.

"Seriously, Buginette. You need to train my copychat more and show him who the boss is. One day you'll be surprised that your pillows are all eaten by that monster." he chuckled while rubbing the sore spot. "Though to be honest, I find it sweet that he accompanies you wherever you go. Such a loyal Knight to my Lady."

She was about to agree until he added:

"If only you tell me your civilian identity, I might even do the same thing!"

.

.

.

.

Marinette realized that Chat Blanc was quite attached with Tikki, in which she finds it favorable since she could man the cashier and do pipings in the bakery without any problems.

She, later on, realized that the reason behind the cat-itude (Chat Noir rubbed her off, dammit) was because of free food.

Her kwami might be a messy eater and considerate enough to eat on easy clean surfaces like plates and silicone-reinforced pouches, but sometimes she wasn't mindful of her clutters.

And cats love food clutters.

"You living vacuum cleaner. No wonder you're a glutton." the designer admonished while squeezing her cat's pudgy stomach, much to his enjoyment.

"And you." she glanced at her abashed guardian. "Don't feed him with your snacks. He's not allowed to eat those."

She was able to empathize the guilt that Tikki felt as she flew towards her compartment and nibbled a cookie. After all, Cats were considered to be Lady Luck's counterparts and at the same time, their ideal exploiter.

"Marinette?" Sabine called her. "Honey, can you deliver this cake to Mme. Laduc? She's expecting this to arrive in an hour."

"Coming, Maman!" the girl replied then eyed the two creatures. "Let's go guys. We have an errand to do."

The two followed suit - Tikki slipped inside the bag while Chat Blanc trailed behind - in silence.

The client's house was only a few blocks away from the bakery, and since the old lady was antisocial, Marinette was able to complete the task on time.

She even got a spare to ogle at some photo shoots in –

Someone caught her attention.

Across the street was a little boy playing with his ball that bounced and rolled in the middle of the road. There were no adults around to watch the toddler, and the bypassers were too preoccupied to notice an oncoming truck.

"WATCH OUT!" she yelled, but the boy failed to react immediately on the loud honk of the driver.

He was simply dazed and frozen on the spot.

Everyone panicked and screamed out of fear as they waited for the event to unfold...until she moved.

The Ladybug in her suddenly kicked in.

Marinette ran towards the child with an athletic speed then shoved him hastily to a safer place.

That was her grave mistake.

Because even thought Marinette was secretly the girl beneath the spots, she didn't have the Miraculous gear to protect herself from the impact.

The rush of saving a life made her forgot to summon her transformation.

But then, she was fighting for seconds.

I'm sorry, Tikki. was her last thoughts.

Before she could register the white blur that hit on her face, her body flew off to the opposite pavement.

The impact almost stole her breath when she rolled and slammed her back against the concrete walls, but the excruciating pains that shoot through her joints were not enough to render her unconscious.

In fact, her eyes were fully open to witness how the truck collided with a road pipe that spurted a water fountain...

...and how Chat Blanc used his momentum to push his Master away from danger and met his demise.