Caught a bug

Marinette wasn't sure how to react when a certain blond boy jerked before her like a frightened cat.

"Ma - Ma - Ma - Ma - Marinette?!" Adrien sputtered as he dropped down and sprawled unceremoniously on the floor. She noticed that he was fisting something black, but before she could identify it, he immediately shoved it inside his pocket. Then he sat ramrod straight and squeaked. "A - A - A - A - Are you awake?!"

The designer remained impassive as she blinked at him owlishly.

No way in hell someone like Adrien Agreste would visit her while he was somewhere doing an out of town photoshoot.

Unless...

"Erm, Marinette?" the blond called her name again. He even waved his hand to snap her reverie but failed. "Earth to Marinette?"

She just sat and stared at him like a frozen doll.

The panic that was marred on the boy's face a while ago was immediately replaced by a deep concern. With hunched shoulders, he went closer to her bed and reached her hand. "Hey, are you alright?"

Unfortunately, the poor girl's brain ceased to function not only because she was horribly sick, but because her unrequitted crush was visiting her - and ohmygosh he was touching her - in her dreams.

Well, what would be the best plausible reason other than that?

"Why don't you lie down, non?" the model offered, which earned him a quick nod.

Marinette heard his relaxed sigh when she obediently eased her back from the headboard, and more when she allowed him to pull her blankets in and wrap it around her lithe body.

Somehow she was glad her Maman helped her change her sweaty PJs to a fresh, flowery ones few hours ago.

Not that it mattered actually.

To provide more comfort, Adrien puffed her pillows carefully and tucked them to her sides. He even smothered the edges of her duvet to eliminate some creases, only to pause a bit when he palmed her sketchbook underneath the material.

His brows furrowed.

"Aren't you supposed to take a rest?"

Oops?

The designer averted her gaze guiltily.

She didn't know why, but there was something on his glowering emerald eyes that reminded her of a certain Kitty. It was a scolding expression he usually makes whenever Ladybug performed a ludicrous task.

It was strange how Adrien copied it with ease.

Before she could reply, a menacing hiss from the loft stairs caught their attention.

From the sound of it, Marinette realized that Chat Blanc also invaded her dreams - which wasn't a surprise considering how her pet harbored a mysterious animosity towards Adrien.

What she didn't expect was Adrien would make an animalistic hiss as a reply.

"..."

"..."

Then there was a moment of awkward silence.

"..."

"..."

When the blond slowly turned his head around, he gulped audibly upon meeting her stony expression. He was ready to stammer an apology when all of a sudden, the girl broke a fit of laughs.

"Oh my gosh, you're acting just like Chat Noir!" she declared between guffaws.

Adrien blushed profusely, and the way he incessantly rubbed his neck told her that he didn't expect himself to carry such weird attitude.