Designer cat

"Chat! What are you doing up there?!"

The feline opened his green eyes uninterestingly to look at his frustrated Master on the ground, and with a few tail flicks, he curled himself more and succumbed himself to sleep.

"Get a cat, they said. They're helpful, they said. Bullshit – they're not helpful, they're handful!" Marinette grumbled as she eyed her snoozing pet on top of the park's highest tree. She wasn't sure how he got there in the first place, but she has an idea why he was there with no plans of getting down despite the briberies like fresh tuna and catnips.

Chat Blanc really hates to go to the vet.

She was told by Otis, her best friend's father, that animals have a knack for understanding human language by identifying a cue word that associates their feelings. And as far as Marinette could tell, her cat associates 'vet' with 'fear'. Well, she couldn't blame him really; the car accident that they both experienced was quite traumatizing.

"C'mon, Chat. We're almost late for our appointment," she huffed angrily, but the white feline remained unmoved on the branch. Bypassers were starting to look at her way with odd stares, which didn't help much on her predicament.

"If that's the case," she declared, rolling up her sleeves up to her forearms before grabbing the trunk "Then I'm going to bring your ass down here."

"Why don't you just call your transformation and grab him instead of you climbing up the tree?" asked Tikki who was giggling on her Chosen's on-the-spur-of-the-moment decision.

"You're right, Tikki! Why don't I – UWAAAAAAAAAH!"

"Marinette!"

Marinette's foot slipped on the bark and almost toppled her to the ground if not for a certain superhero's flexibility and speed that caught her on time.

"Falling for me, Princess?"

"Chat!" she exclaimed with relief, then scowled at his cheeky grin "I don't like how you can show up anytime without any warnings."

"You're supposed to thank me, not scold me for saving you from doom," he pouted indignantly as he helped her to set her feet steadily on the ground "And I'm the one who should have scolded you for climbing on that tree. What if you really plummeted yourself to the ground?"

"Yet it didn't happen. You saved me, right?" she winked at him playfully, which earned a beet-red blush from the feline hero.

"You're lucky you're cute," he grumbled under his breath.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing!" Chat Noir squeaked then cleared his throat "So...what are you doing up – oh, I see Whitey."

Said Whitey gave him a menacing hiss.

"Ooh, what an ina-purr-priate cat-itude! Too scared to go down, coward kitty?"

"Don't make fun of my cat," Marinette grimaced with crossed arms "And with your cat-itude - " he flashed a toothy grin on her pun " – you're only persuading him not to go down."

"Why didn't you tell me you were trying to get Whitey?" he cooed saucily, pressing a button on his baton to extend it "I should have plucked him off the tree and – "

Little did they know that Chat Blanc was waiting for his nemesis to climb up so he could pounce his face. Good thing the superhero's suit was quite thick to resist the white cat's claws, but its sensitivity made the wearer yelped at the scratch.

"Chat!" Marinette shrieked, unsure whether to save the vicious white cat or her yowling black human-cat.

I have no choice but to bring these two to the vet, she thought with a sigh, clutching the carrier that contained her pet while holding an over-dramatic superhero on the other side as they walked limply to the veterinary clinic.