Happy influenza day

Marinette wasn't sure how her body temperature changed from normal to 37.8°C overnight.

She was fine yesterday as she went to school and manned the bakery later in that afternoon. She was able to kick an Akuma's butt with Chat Noir before sundown and wrecked him in Ultimate Mecha Strike III with her unmasked self after dinner.

She slept way too early for her usual bedtime that night because Chat Noir had to leave for a 'sunrise meeting'.

She didn't have any coughs or colds days prior that could hint her for some possible sickness. Her eating patterns were fine, her cycle was regular, her school work and designs weren't that stressful and her superhero business remained manageable.

So how come she ended up with flu?

"That's because your brain is not calibrated with your body, you Wonder Woman. Have you heard the word 'moderately'?" Alya sighed while tucking her best friend back to her bed.

Her voice croaked "Alya?"

"Hmm?"

"I think I'm going to die today."

The bespectacled brunette rolled her eyes indignantly. "You're such a baby, Mari. Don't you agree with me, Chat?"

Chat Blanc flicked his tail as a response while sitting grumpily on his Master's bedside.

"While Nino's busy with his 'second breakfast' downstairs, Adrien will be absent today for a photo shoot." she went on. "Too bad. His sunshine presence might be able to lift your spirits up."

"I don't want him to see me this way." the designer plucked a tissue then blew her nose. "I feel like shit."

"Don't worry, you're the most adorable shit I've ever seen."

Marinette jolted when her feline pet pawed her duvet and curled himself on her stomach. Despite the heaviness, she couldn't help but smiled when her fluffy living heater began his truck-like purrs again.

"They said that cat's mirthful purrs have magical healings on humans." the bespectacled grinned as she reached the animal for a head scratch. Her action only doubled the reverberation.

"He's been doing a great job actually." the owner sighed contentedly. "If only you see me how I woke up like a famished zombie this morning."

"I can only imagine." the girl commented dryly.

"Alya?"

"Hmm?"

"Can you please buy me some fried beondegi?"

Alya's gagging sound earned a resentful pout.

"C'mon, there are several stalls near Mme. Le Chien's shop." the raven-haired whined.

"Regardless if the shop is two arrondissements away or just around the corner, I will definitely not going to buy anything exotic." the brunette puffed her cheeks. "I don't know what's wrong with your taste buds, Girl. I barely handled you eating ant's egg soup, but worms? What's next, aphids?"

Marinette's snorts might've been sarcastic if not for her clogged nose.

Eyeing the clock display, her best friend hastily stood up. "Oops, I only have ten minutes left until the school starts. Don't worry, I'll make sure to pass the message to Miss Bustier about your condition."

"How about my fried beondegi?" she asked wistfully but received no response.

Few minutes after Alya left, Sabine entered the room with a food tray.