4 ~ Super Friends

Song:
Need the Sun to Break - James Bay

"Is that the fastest you can go?" Hank asks over the communicator

Me and Kara are training in the sky together.

"Are these tests mandatory for everyone?" I ask him with a sigh.

"Or is just because we're a-" Kara starts to ask Hank before he cuts her off.

"It is not because you're women, Miss Danvers." He responds.

"The DEO requires rigorous physical and psychological evaluation for all its prospective field operatives." Hank continues.

"I was gonna say alien." Kara says.

"A novice superhero could be a liability in a field. I need to know you're both in full control of your powers. Stamina, strength, speed." Hank says.

"They just broke the sound barrier, sir." I hear Alex say.

"Fire again." Hank yells. Kara and I fly back down to them.

"So, did I pass? Did we pass?" I ask anxiously.

"I see you share your Kryptonian friend's appetite for wanton destruction, Miss Jackson.

"You know, I am starting to answer to Solar Flare." I tell him. He shoots me a glare and walks away.

"It's cool, We'll find our thing." I assure myself.

"Is all of this really necessary, Alex?" I sigh.

"Yea, Skylar is right. I'm ready, Alex, for all of it." Kara pouted.

"We can totally do this!" I exclaim giving Kara a high five. She returns to her perky self.

"Believe it or not, he's just looking out for you guys." Alex insisted.

"Solar Flare. Come in, Solar Flare." Winn says over the com. I sigh out loud causing Alex and Kara to turn to me. (A/N: com = communicator)

"Are you going to reply to him?" Kara asks curiously. I simply ignore her. Ever since the other night when I confessed to them that I was Solar Flare I have been going nuts. I still don't understand if I like Winn or not. I mean, its impossible right? Any boyfriend or date I have had went down the drain. I don't want to ruin our friendship. I am pulled out of my thoughts when I hear a loud noise in my com.

"SOLAR FLARE!" Winn yelled.

"What is it, Winn?" I snap. Kara looks over at me with a concerned look on her face.

"Skylar, there is a huge fire raging down at the National City port. It is bad." Winn explained.

"Kara can you take this one? There is a fire at the port." I ask Kara. She nods.