6 ~ Thanksgiving

Song: I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz

"This is Leslie Willis, coming to you alive and wired from Catco Plaza

"This is Leslie Willis, coming to you alive and wired from Catco Plaza. The week of Thanksgiving, which means Ah, it is time for my annual list of Things I Am Not Grateful For, and this year's list is only two items, Solar Flare and Supergirl." Winn and I are at Catco, listening to Leslie's radio show.

"The blue-and-red abscessed tooth in the otherwise gleaming smile that is National City! How much do I despise, I mean loathe, their whole, "Look at me, I'm a-dork-able" thing. And those hideous, like, rejected-from-the-Olympics figure skating outfits they wear? I mean, a skirt and tights? Puh-lease." We look at each with a silent gasp. How dare she criticize our beautiful works of art.

"Seems like overkill, especially since no one is trying to get in there. And who would that be? You know, who's hombre enough to puncture the Chastity Belt of Steel? Or is what's required a softer touch? I mean, Supergirl does kind of give off a Sapphic vibe, with that big ol' butch "S" chest plate. I mean, how would that even work with an alien? I mean, is everything the same down there, or are we talking tentacles? Maybe it's time for a break. Or a makeover." Leslie says before I close the radio tab on my computer.

"Skylar, Mr. Carr wants to see you in his office." Snapper's assistant, Becky, says.

"Ok. Thanks, Becky." I respond before she scurries back to her small desk. Snapper is basically my second boss. Cat and him both give me assignments. He didn't like me very much the first year I was working at Catco. But now he has seen what I am capable of.

"Mr. Carr? You wanted to see me?" I say, walking into his office.

"I want you to write a essay on the Leslie Willis situation. I assume you've heard about it?" He explains. I nod my head in response.

"Good. I want it on my desk on Monday morning. You can go now." Snapper sends me out of his office. I walk back over to my desk.

"What did he want?" Winn asks curiously.

"He wants me to write an essay on the 'Leslie Willis situation'." I sigh, plopping onto my chair dramatically. He laughs at my actions. Just then, Kara walks in.

"So, how was breakfast with your mom?" Winn asks her. "Foster mom." Kara corrects him.

"Great. She's amazing. But Alex keeps waiting for this, like, bomb to go off. And maybe I'm oblivious, but-" She explains to us. Winn and I laugh, interrupting her. "What?" Kara asks.

"It's just It's nice when we talk about a metaphoric bomb for a change." I giggle.

"So, have you figured out what you're doing for Thanksgiving?" Kara asks us both.

"Yeah, uh, orphan Thanksgiving. Literally, Thai food and Orphan Black marathon." Winn replies sadly.

"Pizza and Greys Anatomy." I answer.