9 ~ Hurting the People We Love

Song: Let You Down by NF

After Winn and James did the stuff they did yesterday, I wasn't feeling great

I don't like it when people I care about get hurt. Especially with Winn. I think everyone but Winn notices how I act towards him.

I'm not saying I flirt, we are just very comfortable around each other.

A part of me wants to go up to Winn and just apologize.

But the other part says to push him away.

I'll make my mind up when I look at him. I keep thinking and procrastinating as I go up in the elevator.

The doors open, revealing Winn who is standing there with a small smile on his face.

"Can we talk?" He asks, practically begging me to come with him with his eyes.

"Sure." I simply say. He starts walking towards our crime fighting office.

We get in and he shuts the door behind us. I sit on the couch, he sits next to me.

"Look, Sky. I'm sorry. I know you get worried." Winn apologizes.

"I shouldn't of did that instead of calling you for help. James is just very good at convincing me to do bad things." He adds with a slight chuckle, earning a small smile from me.

I pause for a moment, letting his apology sink in. 

"I hate it when your made at me. Mostly because I did something stupid enough to push you away." He frowns a little.

"I forgive you. I don't like being mad at you." I confess, a tear fills in my eye but I blink it away as fast as possible.

"Plus, I should've have just calmed down instead of walking away." I try to take some of the guilt.

He gives me a hug and we release with a smile on our faces.

"You know, I have noticed that you've been sad lately. Can you tell me the reason, please? I miss happy Skylar." Winn says with a small pout.

"I have just been remembering.... things. Things that I don't want to think about." I start tearing up, but try and cover my sadness with a quick smile.

I see Winn's face drop when he sees the tears on my face.

"I had a best friend, he was like a brother to me. We were so close. We lived on planets that lived as rivals." I grin, remember the sweet boy I met as a child.

"His name was Mon El. I don't know if he's... alive or not.... but I have been trying to stop thinking about it. I just have been missing him a lot lately." I confess some more, tears running down my face.

Winn is rubbing a circle on my back. I lay my head on his shoulder as my tears stop. We sit in silence for a little while.

"You know, my family and I aren't close. I've never really had friends as a kid. You are my best friend, so I'm always here for you." Winn says in a soothing tone.