04 Sun (Part 1)

Once plans for the alliance treaty had been publically announced, Bresnia, Bera's capital city, had begun preparations for the celebration

Once plans for the alliance treaty had been publically announced, Bresnia, Bera's capital city, had begun preparations for the celebration. For a few days now, the world had held its breath as it waited, not only for the signing, but also for the debut of the world's two god incarnates - the moon and sun.

The Iron Prophet was silent. No attacks had been made in retribution of the announcement. Maeyune was sure they were waiting, too.

The night before their departure, she dreamed of Yunra.

Maeyune stood on the gray sands of the moon, her body bare and her long hair wafting in black waves. She watched the planet of Vaius above her, shrouded in darkness. A golden globe slowly ascended from the other side, illuminating the world in warm light. In the distance, she observed the shape of a four legged serpent, its vibrant scales reflecting gold.

The Sun Goddess, Yunra.

She woke, her heart racing in the confines of her chest. Sleep faded from her eyes as her mind registered the overcast sky through her window. With a deep breath, she rose and dressed for the day.

After packing a large bag with her suits and other various necessities, she waited for the others at the temple's entrance. She saw two cars parked at the bottom of the stairs, the two drivers standing by. Beside them were all the Ursa First temple guardians and several other elders, robed in their gray day garments as they waited to bid their farewells. High Priest Enn was chatting with Jorin and Jorin's wife, Loris. Aunt Lyn was the only one to see Maeyune standing at the entrance.

Lyn waved. For the first time since the announcement of the alliance, Maeyune felt a sadness rock her heart.

"I don't like it," Clover said behind her. He came to stand next to her, his satchel slung over his shoulder. He noticed the farewell company at the bottom of the stairs. "What if we leave and the Iron Prophet attacks again?"

"With our presence in Bera, they would not risk it," Maeyune replied. "By dividing their forces to attack Suolan, they would risk exposing Nomenia to us."

"Ah, right, because no one stands a chance against the moon and sun together," he said, grinning at her.

"That will be quite a force to witness," Trix added enthusiastically, approaching them with his bags. "You know, I'll admit. I think I might miss this dreary place. How long are we going to be gone?"

"I'm not sure," Maeyune answered. "However long it will take to free Nomenia from the Iron Prophet."

Down the hall, she spotted Meera, Aerylis and Benny. The sight of them astounded her.

With Meera's colorful wardrobe, Maeyune was surprised to see the water celestial carrying only a single bag. Aerylis had cut her shoulder-length, brown hair much shorter. And Benny had remembered to pack. Maeyune was sure her aunt had helped him.