29 Dance

A/N: The music might go along with most of this chapter, depending on your reading pace. Otherwise, feel free to listen to it after you finish reading. I hope you enjoy!

The celestial power of the full moon coursed through Maeyune's veins

The celestial power of the full moon coursed through Maeyune's veins. She could feel it. It seeped from every pore of her skin, radiating past her silver armor to lace the air in a white brume.

These nights were her favorite; she was in tune with the Moon God and his magic. These nights, she felt alive.

While the sky continued its vicious brawl between human and Wobeck, the street harbored silence. Awestruck eyes fastened onto the silver creature who stood inside the ring of lifeless Wobeck.

But Maeyune gave her attention to only one. The sight of him encouraged a smile. With the moon's power gracing her body, she drifted her way toward Reo.

He, Meera and Clover were the only ones who stood firm. The rest stumbled back, wide eyes blinking against her light.

When she reached him, she held out a fist and unfurled her fingers. On her palm rested the Castells' family heirloom, warm and glowing in the presence of the sun dragon.

"I believe this is yours," Maeyune spoke, a smile on her silver lips.

Reo recognized the sun ring and returned her smile.

His eyes never leaving hers, his warm fingertips brushed across the cold skin of her palm as he accepted the ring. Without delay, he slid the ring onto his right hand's ring finger. Then, with hand turning to fist, he summoned its stored energy.

All but Maeyune stepped away as empyreal brilliance encompassed him. She waited for him to reemerge, waited to see the red warrior.

But when she peered through the smoky blaze, she glimpsed armor that was not the blood-crimson of nightmares. Instead, it claimed a muted red, almost gray. His antlers were also no longer black, but taking on a bronze shine.

She had only a moment to ponder the curious sight, when gold flashed and blinded her.

She turned her head to the side, shutting her eyes tight. Exclamations sounded from everyone on the street. But over their staggered shouts, she heard Reo, his voice prominent.

He released a sound that was halfway between a warcry and spirited laughter.

When his light finally disappeared, she witnessed the result. Eyes widening, she took in the sight of the unfamiliar creature standing before her.

Her breath caught in her throat.

His armor, his antlers, his scales and his eyes...

They were gold.

Reo was gold.

With mouth agape, Reo's astounded eyes scanned the golden, plated armor that now framed his body. After a moment of disbelief, he let loose another laugh.