17 Fire

General Soras' command still held: neither team was allowed to leave the base

Despite this, the information that Maeyune continued to gather over the course of the next few days allowed the Berans to defend the city of Mirano and track down several of the enemy's bases of operations.

Tin had forgotten about the fighting simulation he had previously wanted between Aegis and Saber Teams. Considering the battle that had already occurred, he thought it was no longer necessary. Instead, he had found a new passion in Maeyune's telepathy.

While they were confined to the base, Maeyune and her team worked with Tin in his lab, aiding him in developing various tools. One of the tools, "moonlight" as Tin called it, was a device that projected moon energy to encourage calm camaraderie among soldiers.

In many of her other spare hours, Maeyune had decided to take the role of instructor. Recalling her meditative training with both Jorin and the moon temple guardians, she hoped to pass harmony on to the Beran celestials. Many, she noticed, lacked full control of their power. She wasn't surprised, seeing as their reckless Sun Goddess incarnate provided a poor example.

But as several days went by, her students dwindled to consist of only wind and water celestials. The handsome Jaysek of Saber Team was still with them.

As she walked onto the training floor one morning, she discovered a group of celestials surrounding a single boy. They hovered around him like vultures, shoving each other to the side to get a better view at the recording device in his hand.

One of them glanced up and noticed her. "Miss Ereni!" the celestial exclaimed, eyes gleaming. "Is it true? Did you really beat Reo?"

Maeyune blinked in surprise. "What?"

Several of them parted for her, giving her space to see the source of their excitement.

Playing on the holographic screen of the boy's recording device was a small clip of silver clashing with crimson. Her brow furrowed. Someone had leaked the footage of the battle between her and Reo.

It made sense now why there was an absence of sun energy in her corner of the base. With everyone acutely aware of the tension between moon and sun, it explained why the facility had split into two opposing sides: one half for her and the other for Reo.

The blurry clip played only a few seconds, but it was clear that a battle between Moon God and Sun Goddess had truly occurred.

Aerylis seized the boy's recording device. With complete disregard for his panicked objection, the tall celestial crushed the device in her fist.

"No more of that," Meera warned, wagging her finger at everyone.

Ironically, the two had read Maeyune's mind. Or, at least, they had determined the same thing. They did not need any more division.