05 Prince

A/N: This song is to set the tone for when Maeyune enters Bresnia, which occurs in the second part of this chapter. Feel free to listen whenever. :)

Of course, the heavens would ordain that the day of the signing required a blue sky and a bright sun

Maeyune had to shield her eyes in order to see the rest of Lady Luciana's estate beyond her room's window, now illuminated by early morning daylight. She wondered if the weather was always like this in the land of the sun. Did Bera ever see any cold winters?

The mansion was festooned with adeptly-trimmed gardens, and she had to admit, although not as natural in appearance as the palace's garden in Ursa, it rivaled in beauty. Circling the estate was a rich forest, and in the far distance, she saw the tall tips of a city that rose high above the dark green canopy.

Bresnia, the Golden City. It was Bera's capital and where the signing was to take place.

There was a knock at her door. Meera poked her head inside.

"You're not dressed yet?" she asked, disbelieving.

Maeyune realized she had been thinking all morning. She still donned her nightwear, a simple shirt over pants.

Meera was wearing a slim, white jacket over a snug, black shirt. The shirt's plunging neckline was sustained by ties and could hardly contain Meera's ample bosom. She wore complimenting black pants and black, heeled boots. Her long, dark hair fell in weightless curls around her face, and thick, painted lashes heightened the brown-blue color of her curved eyes.

Maeyune had laid her outfit across the bed, which Meera noticed immediately. The water celestial also saw the opened box that contained Queen Yula's gift.

Meera released a high shriek. "No way!" she cried out, her eyes glinting as she ran her fingertips across the heavily-detailed headdress, careful to avoid the diamonds. Maeyune came to stand beside the bed and saw that Meera's expression was halfway between an envious glare and a look of delighted reverence.

"Come on!" Meera enthused, clapping her hands together. "Let's get you ready!"

Aunt Lyn most certainly had taken neither detail nor comfort for granted. To her, the outfit was the best substitute for the limitations of a gown, not that she had ever worn a gown before in her life.

After slipping on the pants that fit snug against her legs, she slid into the floor-length dress made of an ethereal white fabric. A few inches below her stomach, the wide skirt was split in the front in the shape of an upside down v. It opened in stark contrast to the black of her pants.

Lastly, she donned the tall black boots that buckled just below the knees. But before she could survey herself in the room's tall mirror, Meera gestured for her to sit at one of the room's cushioned armchairs. Maeyune saw that Meera had brought with her a bag of her beauty tools.