[twenty-eight]

The sound of the creaking of mettalic wheels and the sound of rubber shoes that hit the tiled floor of the hospital are the only things that could be heard, echoing inside the busy hallways of the hospital. Everyone was in a rush since there are new patients coming every other minute. Whispers, voices, and even yells were heard through every corners of the building by how busy the nurses and doctors are.

But, Jimin’s mind was different. His mind was off to somewhere, thinking about the things he can do for Jungkook’s safety. He was finally sitting on the hospital bench as he placed his elbows above his thighs and covered his face with his palms. His mind was starting to think of the worst scenarios that could happen and Jimin can’t help but to feel even worried about Jungkook’s situation since it has been more than an hour but the doctors are not going out of the emergency room, yet.

Jimin did not mind about the busy noises around him. He just wanted for everything to go back to normal. He just wanted to see Jungkook’s smiling face again. As Jimin was thinking about those things, he was cut off when the door of the emergency room suddenly swung open, and there Jimin saw the doctor bringing his stethoscope and other tools on his hands.

Jimin hurriedly stood up from sitting on the bench and rushed his way closer to the doctor. “Doctor, how is he? How is Jungkook? Is he okay?” Jimin asked nervously with his face full of worriness.

The doctor looked at Jimin and slowly, there formed a soft smile on his lips. “Are you Mr. Jeon’s guardian?” The doctor asked gently.

Jimin nodded in response to his question, “I’m his boyfriend. How is he, doc? Is he fine?” Jimin asked multiple questions. He can’t calm down without knowing Jungkook’s state.

The doctor gave Jimin a comforting smile before answering his questions. “Mr. Jeon’s condition was finally stabled. I am glad that you sent him here very soon before anything could get worst...” The doctor stopped and sighed deeply before looking away from Jimin “...he could’ve not make it if you rushed him here later.” The doctor said softly.

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion about Jungkook’s condition. He just lost his conciousness, what does he mean about not making it? Jimin thought to himself and looked back at the doctor. “What do you mean he could’ve not make it, doc?” He asked. The doctor turned his gaze back at Jimin and stopped as he realized that Jimin still didn’t knew. The doctor just smiled at him and not minding his question. He sighed.

“What’s important is, Mr. Jeon is finally stable. I suggest that Mr. Jeon should reduce the stress and avoid any sudden extreme emotions, like being too happy or too sad. Since, that could make his sitaution worse. We sent him to the presidential suite so that he could rest better. If you have no more questions to ask, I’ll have to leave. Excuse me.” The doctor said and started walking away from Jimin. Jimin was confused about what the doctor has said. He looked at the back of the doctor with a confused face.

What’s important is, Mr. Jeon is finally stable.

Jimin breathed heavily as he came to absorb the words that the doctor said to him. Unconsciously, a smile of relief was formed his weak face. Jimin then ran to the nearest elevator and pressed the floor where the presidential suite was located.

As soon as the elevator door opened widely enough, Jimin ran through the hallway of doors and made his way the only presidential suite of the hospital. He held his hands on the silver door knob and twisted it to open. As the door swung open, Jimin decided to enter he room and as he stepped inide the dim lighted room, there he Jungkook lying on the hospital bed with his skin looked so pale unlike his natural melanin color. There were machines and other tubes that was stuck on the different parts of his body while the heart monitor was beeping loudly, echoing through the silent room.

“J-jungkook.” Jimin whispered his name as he stepped closer to where the bed was. Jimin was observing Jungkook’s situation and he can’t help but to feel bad about his condition, even the doctor said that he was already stable.

As soon as Jimin arrived beside Jungkook’s bed, he slowly extended his hand and reached for Jungkook’s cold hand that was filled with different hospital apparatus. Jimin held Jungkook’s hand gently, making sure that Jungkook won’t get hurt by his touch as he sat on the chair beside Jungkook’s bed. Jimin moved their intertwined hands closer to his face and placed it on his warm cheeks.

As Jungkook’s cold hand touched Jimin’s cheeks that was the time when Jimin’s tears streamed down his face, the tears he have been keeping for a long time and it finally exploded into a pool of tears. Jimin sobbed and cried silently.

“Jungkook.” Jimin continued calling his name as his tears continued on falling down from his cheeks. He placed Jungkook’s hand on his lips and kissed it. Jimin closed his eyes as he shared the warmth of his hand to Jungkook’s, when suddenly Jungkook’s fingers twitched a bit that made Jimin widened his eyes and looked at him.

“Jungkook? Are you awake?” He asked softly and stared at Jungkook’s eyelids as it slowly opened up. Jungkook was finally awake. He adjusted his eyes at the light of the room as he slowly turned his gaze at the person who was holding his hand.

Jimin. Jungkook said in his mind since he was too weak to speak up. “Jungkook. You’re finally awake.” Jimin uttered at him and sniffed. Jungkook blinked his eyes and slowly nodded in response and tried to hold Jimin’s hand tight thay made the older look at their intertwined hands and smiled as he saw Jungkook was finally awake.

“J-jimin.” Jungkook gathered all his strength to speak, but his voice was too weak that it was only a whisper. Jimin nodded his head repeatedly as he heard Jungkook whispered his name and that made his heart skipped a bit despite of the situation. Jungkook’s voice was just so soothing to his ears. It was like the comfort to his stormy chest. Like a medicine to Jimin’s nightmares and now, he was relieved to see his boyfriend was finally awake.

“Do you need something? Are you hungry? Wait, I’ll just go call the doctor.” Jimin asked and tried to stand up from his seat but Jungkook just shook his head and held Jimin’s hand tight as he tried to speak.

Just. “S-stay.” With me. Jungkook whispered and Jimin smiled at him and nodded as he moved his chair closer to Jungkook’s bed and sat back. Jimin started rubbing his thumb on Jungkook’s hand and looked at his weak eyes. “Of course, I will stay here. Get some rest, okay?” Jimin said to him.

Jungkook didn’t answered and closed his eyes to rest. Jimin was just staring at him and observing his condition as Jungkook dozed back to sleep. Jimin waited for five minutes before he slowly stood up from his chair. “Jungkook, I’ll just call the doctor, okay?” Jimin whispered softly on his ears and moved his face closer to him. His lips landed on Jungkook’s forehead and stayed for a few seconds before breaking the kiss and started walking his way to the door. He went out of the room to call the doctor.

As Jimin shut the door closed, Jungkook slowly opened his eyes as he looked at the door where Jimin went out.

“J-jimin.” He whispered.

“R-remember,” that I, “love,” you so much.

Jungkook said weakly before closing his eyes again and went back to rest. As he dozed off to sleep, his tears streamed down his face as Jimin’s image flashed through his mind. Jimin’s smiling face that looked like an angel. Jimin’s beautiful face that was carved perfectly by the gods. Jimin’s face that Jungkook loved the most. The memory that Jungkook will treasure the most.

~

dont worry its not the end yet.