Chapter 2

I look at Adyms mother with such sadness, I can't help but cry. Adyms mother speaks to her, "Why are you crying sweetheart?" I explain, "We were suppose to move together, but I feared he had second thoughts about me coming." Adyms mother shares with me, "Wait, you were moving together. He never once mentioned you?" That's when I felt my whole body shut down. I think to myself, "He never wanted me to come, he just pitied me and said yes to make me feel happy." I feel my soul fuel with anger. All I could see was the color red. "Thank you Mrs. Yorba for letting me know, if you hear anything from him, you have my number." Adyms mother responds, "Of course dear, this is so unlike Adym."

I get in my car and I know what I have to do. I know that I am not going to stay in this town and feel bad for myself. I am going to find Adym and confront him for the bastard he is. "How could he do this to me, to us?" I exclaim. I put in directions for Van Nuys in her GPS and turns the keys in my ignition to start my 1969 Dodge Charger. I whisper, "Adym" and I drive off.

After three hours, I find myself in the very city she was suppose to move to with Adym, Van Nuys. As I stop at a red light, I takes a moment to capture the beauty of this city. "It's so beautiful" I say to myself, "but this smog pollution is horrendous." I see the light turn green and I put my foot on the gas. I take a look at the stereo to see what time it is. The clock reads 9:34 PM. "God, I'm starving. I need to find somewhere to eat" I say to myself. I make it up the street and find an In-N-Out. I make a left into the parking lot and parks mu car. As I exit the car, I can see someone in line that I recognize. "You have GOT to be kidding me!" I see Adym with another girl with his hand around her waist. I see him lean in for a kiss and that's when my jealousy and rage take over. I throw open the doors of the In-N-Out and yell, "Happy to see me, Adym?"