Chapter 7

We find our way to the one and only, City Walk. This place is packed with people from all around the world. We look at all the beautiful sights and attractions that come with it. I look over to see Sawyer and Rebecca holding hands and laughing. I feel happy and awful at the same time. I look at Adym and he whispers, "yikes." I can't help but laugh and Rebecca looks at me with the iconic disgusted face. While Sawyer and Rebecca are having the time of their lives, they ask to catch up with us later. I look at Adym and he says, "up to you Kat." I have no problem saying, "see you guys later!" As they head the opposite direction of us, Adym brings up our topic from before. "What I was trying to say was--" I was cut off to the sound of pre pubescent teenage girls and their shrieking screams of joy. "ADYM, RICCO, PAPI" I hear many different girls chant. I look at him and laugh, "Oh really, papi?" His face turns red and he spends a good thirty minutes talking with fans. He makes sure to take pictures, sign autographs, and most importantly, make memories. "Can I get a pic of you two together?" A girl asks. "Of course, I mean, if that's okay with you Adym." Adym replies, "Of course." He puts his arm around my shoulder and without warning, she takes the photo. I assume it's a good photo, I mean I'm pretty sure I was smiling. As fans start to disperse, Adym and I decide to grab a bite to eat. Adym asks me, "Do you have somewhere specific in mind you want to go?" I reply, "Yes actually, I would love to get some sushi." Adym smiles, "That's one of the many things I love about you, you aren't so picky like every other girl." I can't help but smile, he noticed a quality of mine and brought light to it. "I mean, it's just common sense to be honest when asked a question." I try and play off the compliment in a cool manner. We end up in the sushi bar and we both order the same thing, typical. "You know for someone who is so incredibly and undeniably famous, you should get your own taste and stop stealing all my food choices." I joke. Adym gets his chop sticks and squishes my nose with it. "Oh, fuck off!" I say a bit too loud. People in the establishment look at us with concern. Adym asks if we can take our left overs to the car and I agree. Adym gives the man his card for payment, but I try to refuse. I hate when people buy anything for me. Adym insists and I back down and grab our things.

We find ourselves going towards my car and I get Adym to lay on the hood with me. Van Nuys is a city of lights, meaning it has light pollution. With that in mind, it's very hard to see stars because of it. I don't know if this was magic or a coincidence, but it was as if every star in the entire galaxy was visible that night. I'm looking up to seeing bands of the Milky Way. I absolutely love constellations and the meaning behind them, so I explain to Adym several meanings. As I'm trying to get into my favorite constellation, the Little Dipper, I notice Adym isn't even looking up at the sky, he's staring at me. I brush my hair back and say, "Adym?" questionably. "You're so beautiful when you go off about something you have such a passion for. Your eyes light up and your smile takes me away." I look down at my hands and notice Adym fingers and mine are intertwined. "I'm sorry, is this okay?" He asks cautiously. I laugh, "Of course, Adym." This is it, this is the moment I've been waiting for. I can tell him how I truly have felt about him now because I believe the feelings will be mutual. The physical sensation of being with him just makes me at peace, like nothing can go wrong. We both look up and see a shooting star fly across the sky. I say enthusiastically, "You need to make a wish Adym before it's too late." When the air is filled with silence for more than a few seconds, my lips speak, "Adym?" Before I know it, our lips our pressed together. I have never felt such a deep rooted connection with someone in my entire life like in this very moment. "The only star I need is you, Kat." While I'm kissing Adym, hoping it would never end, Adym and I both jump up to hearing a camera flash. I arise to see Sawyer and Rebecca, Sawyer was the one who took the photo. "Well, I have literally been hoping this would happen since day one." Sawyer says with a smug look on his face. As they enter the car, Adym and I look at one another, "Let's talk more tonight, okay?" Adym whispers. I nod my head and we both get off the hood. I start up my car and I can not wait to come home. Van Nuys, I'm starting to like you.