Chapter 5

I wake up to rays on sunshine coming through the curtain. I stretch my whole body and lay back in the comfy position I was in. My body is still so exhausted from last night and I can't help but wonder who that girl was in his room. Was it the same girl from In-N-Out last night?. Whoever it was, I wanted them gone. I'm wearing the same clothes from last night and all of my belongings are in my car. I slowly open the door because I don't even want to see Adyms face. I quietly walk past his door and make it to the entrance. I turn the doorknob and I here Adyms door open. At that point, I book it to my car. I'm a pretty fast runner, so I don't expect him to catch up to me. I see my car and get inside, turn it on, and get out of there. I start driving and I look in my mirror and my face is just awful. I have mascara and eyeliner smeared under my eyes and I just look dead. I forget about my complexion and think of where to go. I don't really have a plan, I just needed time away. Ironic how I chased after this boy, and now I'm trying to get away.

I pull into a small business that I assume is a diner. I walk in and grab a bite to eat, I need some platter of some sort because I'm starving. I order steak and eggs and I hear behind me, "you could of at least slowed down for me." My whole body freezes and all I can think is, "what the actual fuck." I see Adym sit right in front of me and my whole body starts getting hot. "Why are you here!" I yell. "What, you're not happy to see me?" Adym smirks. I tell him, "Well, since you're here, we need to talk." Adym nods his head in agreement and I wait for him to speak. No words come out of his mouth, he just stares at me. "Hello? Earth to Adym?" He shakes his head and says sorry. "The girl in my room last night was a fan. I haven't dated in a few years since my last ex you know. I'm looking for a girlfriend or a friends with benefits kind of thing. She hit me up and I just went with the flow. Guys get urges you know?" He shrugs his shoulders and I roll my eyes. "Don't do that, Kat, I hate that." I chuckle a bit and my food arrives, I ask the waitress for another fork and decide to split my meal with Adym. "Adym, why didn't you want me to come with you? I thought we were okay?" Adym looks down at the plate and says, "We were, I mean we are. It's just..." he stops speaking. "What is it, I'm a big girl I can handle it." I say. He looks me in the eyes and says, "I wanted to be independent, away from mostly everyone. I wanted family gone and I wanted to live my life." I'm a bit shocked by his response, but I do understand where he is coming from. "Alright Adym, I understand." He looks at me big eyed, "Really? Wow that's great, you know it's just embarrassing to have you and family around. I'm glad you get it." I drop my fork and look at him, "Every chance I give you, you just manage to fuck it up. Screw you, dude." I leave 20 dollars on the table and get the hell out of that diner. Why is Adym like this, it's like he has no fucking filter! I don't care, I'm going back to the apartment, getting dressed and doing my makeup, and going for a day out. I need time alone once again. I pray for a better day to come.