Chapter 33

I look into the crowd and see people recording us. I am fearful on some part, but on another, I'm not. I walk off the stage, hand in hand with Jack. He looks at me and says, "Why did you do that?" I become dumbfounded and say, "I don't know. I like you." He looks at me a bit puzzled, "I want you to kiss me if you genuinely want to. I know you're going through a lot right now, but I can't be a rebound." I look into his beautiful eyes and say, "I would never make you a rebound, Jack. You deserve better than that. Do you remember when we said I love you to one another?" Jack nods his head and I continue, "I meant it, and you make me happy. You make me happy in a positive and healthy way, not a negative and abusive way. I'm so used to getting abused and I just want what I deserve and I'm praying to god that I deserve you." He tilts his head and ruffles his hand through his hair, "Of course you deserve me, and I deserve you." He pulls me in for a hug and says, "Let's take it slow. No labels, no nothing. Just dates and friendship for now." I agree with him and release from his embrace. Madison comes up to me and says, "Damn girl, you sure do have some guts." I poke my stomach and say, "Yea, I have a lot of organs." Jack and Madison laugh at my childish humor. "Did you want to get another drink?" Jack questions. I say yes and we make our way to the kitchen. A few more people have arrived since an hour ago. It feels weird being surrounded by such high influences. I never thought someone like me would be associated with such people. Jack asks me, "Come upstairs, I want to show you something." Most guys when they say that probably mean sex, but I know Jack, he means well. We make our way to his room and open the door. In front of me, I see equipment used for music. Jack says, "I asked you a bit ago to record some back ground vocals, want to now?" I smile and say, "Of course!" My pocket vibrates and I see a text from Rebecca, "I know we aren't friends and we don't talk, but check Adyms instagram." I do so and see he posted a picture with a girl and that didn't bother me much, but the caption did. "On to bigger and better things, including people. You had me fucked up, so glad I never loved you." I look at Jack with teary eyes. He looks over at my phone and says, "I know you don't want to stoop so low and be on his level, but I don't want you to not do anything." Jack texts someone and I hear a knock on the door. Madison, Jack G, Kylie, and Jordan all come him. Kylie says out loud, "Just post a pic with us and one up his ass." I laugh loudly and prepare to do so. I wipe my tears away and genuinely smile. I haven't felt this happy in a long time. I take the photo and post it with the caption saying, "On to bigger and better things, including people. I'm so glad I love myself. More than blessed to have genuine people in my life." I tag Adym, Sawyer, and Rebecca in the photo. As soon as it uploads, my phone goes off. Everyone reposts the photo everywhere and say such uplifting words about all of us. I'm so glad I get to have such uplifting friends now. They all sit in the room and Jack says, "Still down to record?" I smile and nod my head. I listen to some of the tracks and give off a few runs. Madison even joins in and we create a beautiful harmony. Jack edits our voices the slightest bit and adds it as a subtle background noise to some of the tracks. When he plays it out loud, it sounds even more incredible. I'm completely surprised at how good we sound. Jordan says, "Damn, yall sound like fucking ANGELS." I punch her in the shoulder and my phone goes off again. It's Adym. He's requesting to face time me, what do I do? "Guys, Adym is trying to face time me, help!" Madison says, "Accept it and we will stay quiet, but if he does something dumb, we will attack!" I laugh and answer the request with anxiety flowing through me. Our connection loads and I see it's just Adyms face, he looks numb. I don't know what to think of him. He reads my mind and says, "I don't know what to think of you." I smile back and say, "All I ever did was love you and care for you. Take responsibility for yourself and just say you're sorry." He looks down and says, "You're right. I'm sorry." His response actually surprises me because he seems sincere. He asks me, "Can we meet up, please?" Before I can even open my mouth, Jack comes into view of the camera, "Sorry, she's busy." He ends the call and I almost scream because that was so funny. We all burst out in laughter. On the outside, I'm having a great time and on the inside, I may be missing the most toxic person I've ever met even though I don't want to. I look around at my new friends and smile. This is what I deserve.

(A.N- Sorry for the wait guys, school. Just a few more weeks, okay? I hope this was worth the wait. Chapters will only get better and more suspenseful from here. THANK YOU FOR 14K READS! If you guys want to know anything about me or about the story, ask me questions! I think next update I'll do an "All about me" thing.)